exxess's config

exxess

Thread author
Sep 2, 2014
This is my laptop configuration. I feel pretty secured with it. It is very light on the system and I like it so. I keep UAC disabled because, you know ... I find it too annoying. I just know what I am doing so, yeah, that's all.

Reactions: NSG001
I

illumination

What he said ^^^... Plus:
I do not really need any backup sofware since there is no so much important information on the disk drive.

Im pretty sure your operating system falls into the category of the underlined quote ;) Hardware failures can and do happen, as well as system file corruption. always have a fail safe should all else fail :)

Reactions: yigido

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
What the two above said ^^^... Plus:

I would reccommend you to remove these "commonly targeted" items if you have no use to them:

-Shockwave Flash
-Adobe Reader (Foxit Reader is an alternative)
-Oracle Java
-Microsoft Office App (If you like a word-specific feature, etc., don't panic, but Kingsoft Office and OpenOffice are great alternatives)
-Skype (I install when I use and uninstall/disable when I don't)

Important Note: Disable AdGuard Easy List filter in Chrome, it uses 50+ MB more memory with EasyList/ Fanboy's Annoyance List, etc. Stick with the regular English, Spanish, etc., lists.

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Few questions :
Why do you consider your Computing Knowledge to be Advanced ?
Why do you run the Ultimate version of Windows 7 ?
Is your copy of Windows pirated ?
Why is your UAC disabled ?

Reactions: Oxygen and yigido

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Definitely upgrade your EAV to version 7 and most definitely enable UAC.Thanks for sharing :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.