Ali80

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
Content source
http://f-prot.com/
F-PROT is now part of CYREN.

CYREN is a leading provider of cloud-based security solutions that deliver powerful protection. CYREN’s GlobalView™ Cloud is fueled by patented Recurrent Pattern Detection technology to deliver Web Security, Email Security, and AntiMalware solutions with uncompromising protection in both embedded and security-as-a-service deployment models.

F-PROT is one of the pioneers in AV industry and this is maybe good sign of comeback :)

FRISK Software International was an Icelandic software company that developed F-Prot antivirus and F-Prot AVES antivirus and anti-spam service. Its name is derived from the initial letters of thepersonal name and patronymic of Friðrik Skúlason, its founder. The company was founded in 1993. It was acquired by Commtouch in 2012.

F-Prot Antivirus is one of the oldest antivirus products since its creation in 1989. It was the world's first with a heuristic engine. It is sold in both home and corporate packages, of which there are editions for Windows, Linux, and BSD.

You can download trial version here: http://www.f-prot.com/download/

Last edited:

Ali80

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
Well guys... my first tests of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows does not show signs of improvement...i download avout 150 samples and on manual scan it manage to detect 18 malicious stuff. I don't even try to execute some of the files... I'm scared. So, maybe in the future... Anyway it's good to know :cool: The product is not updated since 2011, so for now there is no sign of partnership with Cyren. I cant remove the pool question: Are you willing to give a chance to F-PROT ? (I'll close the pool after 2 days) but i highly recommend to avoid this software for now!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.