Battle F-Secure Anti-Virus 2015 vs Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrMi

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
Hi, I am really confused. I have keys for both products, (emsisoft am and fsecure safe) and I am confused on what to run. Whose signatures are better? What about the Behaviour Blocker? i am asking this because Fsecure safe includes a firewall as well. Also the emsisoft behaviour blocker got false positives such as idman.exe and some games for me. Which is better in protection, mainly signatures and behaviour blocker?

H

hjlbx

F-Secure uses Windows firewall - which is essentially the same as Emsisoft Anti-Malware. So there is no advantage between the two in terms of firewall capabilities - or lack thereof.

In my experience Emsisoft's combined BitDefender and proprietary malware signatures are right up there with Kaspersky and Avira.

F-Secure signatures are good too - but it's heuristics can create a lot of false positives - if that sort of thing bothers you.

In terms of the Behavior Blocker I think Emsisoft's is more refined than F-Secures Deep Guard... although I do like the direction F-Secure is taking their behavioral analysis module.

The bottom line is that both Emsisoft and F-Secure are solid, respectable products that will provide good baseline protection under typical use.

Also, try the trials for each one and choose the one that works best on your specific system and for you.

If I had to choose between Emsisoft Anti-Malware and F-Secure then I would decisively choose Emsisoft... it is simply a superb product.

If you notice my signature, I use EAM + BiniSoft's Windows Firewall Control...

Last edited by a moderator:

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
I choose Emsisoft. F-Secure use Windows Firewall. Are you using IDM crack? I use Emsisoft before and it doesn't block my "idman.exe" file

Reactions: PrMi
H

hjlbx

A heads-up on EAM...

The Applications Rule pane does not auto-populate with Trusted applications as does EIS. EIS does this automatically due to firewall rules - which are absent in EAM; only Unrecognized files will be added to the list automatically in EAM.

The user can manually add Trusted files to the Applications Rule list - and then configure custom Behavior Blocker rules for them.

You will see what I mean... it is not difficult, but instead just not immediately apparent or intuitive.

It's no big deal... the protections are the same in EAM and EIS except for EAM does not have an integral firewall.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
In my opinion try F-secure for a shot, their detection rates are also good like from others as well and their Deep Guard concept is same like Emsisoft where for better analysis its integrate on their cloud. ;)

Reactions: Jack
H

hjlbx

I think maybe F-Secure might perform better = less system impact, on some systems.

However, EAM has proven to be a great performer on the vast majority of W7 and 8\8.1 systems.

There are always exceptions dependent upon drivers, installed softs, etc. Quirks happen...

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Personally I prefer Emsisoft as I have been a long time EIS user.F-Secure is also very good.However you are in a nice position having keys for both products.I think I would try both and see how they perform on your system.Since both provide good protection I think system impact would be a factor in your decision.
They both perform well on Windows 7 & 8/8.1 but for the sake of the question at hand I would choose EAM.
EAM & EIS 10 are close to being released also so it would be an advantage having a key for EAM to give EAM 10 a go.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamescv7
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.