• Total voters

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Your configuration's good Fantasy, & you are whom makes it enough by freeing up your system particularly because you're open to preparing for a method for backing up the system.:) It's good to know that "common sense" is going around too!:D I haven't used anything more than an external flash drive to back up our Windows 8.1 system, that & setting restore points. Lately I've been dabbling in portableapps.com, & Toucan is one I've read good things about here http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/System/Backup-and-Recovery/Toucan.shtml The portableapps platform 3 MB download/6MB installed on a thumb drive downloads it directly & keeps it separate from your system. Thanks for sharing you config too!;)

I

illumination

Good advice right above me concerning backing up.. One i created restore disk "two copies", i then back up my important stuff regularly on flash drives. You can use the built in method for creating the recovery disks, highly recommended... Config looks good :)

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Warning-thread-bump.jpg

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
I'm wanting to remove and add more software, but i can't edit the post...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.