Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
What this computer is used for
  • Browsing the Internet
  • Programming
  • Listening to Music
  • Watching Movies
As other people use this they could use it for different things, but everything listed is what I use it for.

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Alot of issues, and if I ever want to upgrade again I saved my license.
Good for you, Fantasy.:):) When problems arise not every person would care enough to pick up and fire up the old(-er), quicker, and most importantly, the system that actually works best for you!:D Maybe (someday) a different computer will work better with Windows 8.
I just started using ublock for Chrome too, but I'd originally thought it was a joke by Umbra Polaris:oops: (u for Umbra?o_O) until I read it was real!:rolleyes: :D There was another serious post in which Umbra mentioned some computers designed for OS 7 were said to have had Windows 8 installed instead; and this brought me to wonder:confused: if the Windows 8 in our home was one of these :mad:because our Windows 7 operates better too, especially for being older with (supposedly) lower end hardware.;)
  1. Shadow Defender http://www.windowsdeal.com/w/shadow-defender-discount-coupon/ (Free until August 1)
  2. The banner for Sandboxie (below) has a site to go with it www.sandboxie.com
  • Thumbs up for CCleaner & Malwarebytes Antimalware, and LastPass too!
Thanks for sharing.:) Now, I'm going to read up on some of the software from your cool config like Macrium Reflect, Private Internet Access, Steam, Spotify, Foobar2000, qBittorrent, Intellij, Eclipse, Paint.net!:p

Oxygen

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Good for you, Fantasy.:):) When problems arise not every person would care enough to pick up and fire up the old(-er), quicker, and most importantly, the system that actually works best for you!:D Maybe (someday) a different computer will work better with Windows 8.
I just started using ublock for Chrome too, but I'd originally thought it was a joke by Umbra Polaris:oops: (u for Umbra?o_O) until I read it was real!:rolleyes: :D There was another serious post in which Umbra mentioned some computers designed for OS 7 were said to have had Windows 8 installed instead; and this brought me to wonder:confused: if the Windows 8 in our home was one of these :mad:because our Windows 7 operates better too, especially for being older with (supposedly) lower end hardware.;)
  1. Shadow Defender http://www.windowsdeal.com/w/shadow-defender-discount-coupon/ (Free until August 1)
  2. The banner for Sandboxie (below) has a site to go with it www.sandboxie.com
  • Thumbs up for CCleaner & Malwarebytes Antimalware, and LastPass too!
Thanks for sharing.:) Now, I'm going to read up on some of the software from your cool config like Macrium Reflect, Private Internet Access, Steam, Spotify, Foobar2000, qBittorrent, Intellij, Eclipse, Paint.net!:p

I don't know if it was windows 8.1, but when I installed shadow defender on 8.1 it wouldn't boot up the next time.... If anything happens on my windows 7 I have a recovery disc, so shadow defender will be added, thanks @Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.