Mini Spy

Latest Threads

1. MALWARETIPS GIVEAWAY:BOXCRYPTOR UNLIMITED BUSINESS GIVEAWAY

Starting with 1st of March, get a free license key for Boxcryptor Unlimited Business. We are giving away free Boxcryptor Unlimited Business license keys for our awesome members!

(LIVE) Get a Boxcryptor Unlimited Business license key!

FBI cyber security virus

Discussion in 'Malware Removal Assistance' started by ghdeaver, May 5, 2013.

1. ghdeaver

ghdeaver New Member

I checked OTL log but I cannot get to internet to run this log

2. Fiery

Fiery 1 of the 4 MalwareTips Founder

Hi ghdeaver and welcome to MalwareTips! :)

I'm Fiery and I would gladly assist you in removing the malware on your computer.

Before we start:
    • Note that the removal process is not immediate. Depending on the severity of your infection, it could take a long time.
    • Malware removal can be dangerous. I cannot guarantee the safety of your system as malware can be unpredictable. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system. Therefore, I would advise you to backup all your important files before we start.
    • Please be patient and stay with me until I give you the green lights and inform you that your PC is clean.
    • Some tools may be flagged by your antivirus as harmful. Rest assure that ALL the tools we use are safe, the detections are false positives.
    • The absence of symptoms does not mean your PC is fully disinfected.
    • If you are unclear about the instructions, please stop and ask. Following the steps in the order that I post them in is vital.
    • Lastly, if you have requested help on other sites, that will delay and hinder the removal process. Please only stick to one site.

<hr>
    Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from the below link:
    <ul><li>For 32 bit systems download <a title="External link" href="http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FRST.exe" rel="nofollow external"><>Farbar Recovery Scan Tool</></a> and save it to a USB/flash drive.
    </li>

<li>Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.</li>

<li>Enter <>System Recovery Options</>.</li>

<>To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:</>
    <ul>
    <li>Restart the computer.</li>
    <li>As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the<> F8</> key until Advanced Boot Options appears.</li>
    <li>Use the arrow keys to select the <>Repair your computer</> menu item.</li>
    <li>Select <>US</> as the keyboard language settings, and then click <>Next</>.</li>
    <li>Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click <>Next</>.</li>
    <li>Select your user account an click <>Next</>.</li>
    </ul>

<li>On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:</span>
    <pre>Startup Repair
    System Restore
    Windows Complete PC Restore
    Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
    Command Prompt</pre>
    <ol>
    <li>Select <>Command Prompt</></li>
    <li>In the command window type in <[b]>notepad</[b]> and press <[b]>Enter</[b]>.</li>
    <li>The notepad opens. Under File menu select <[b]>Open</[b]>.</li>
    <li>Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.</li>
    <li>In the command window type <[b]><span style="color: #ff0000;">e</span>:\frst.exe</[b]> and press <[b]>Enter</[b]>
    <[b]>Note:</[b]><span style="color: #ff0000;"> Replace letter <[b]>e</[b]> with the drive letter of your flash drive.</span></li>
    <li>The tool will start to run.</li>
    <li>When the tool opens click <[b]>Yes</[b]> to disclaimer.</li>
    <li>Press <[b]>Scan</[b]> button.</li>
    <li><[b]>FRST</[b]> will let you know when the scan is complete and has written the <[b]>FRST.txt</[b]> to file, close the message.
    <li>Type [b]exit[/b]</li>
    <li>Please copy and paste [b]FRST.txt[/b] in your next reply</li></li>
    </ol>
    </ul>[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014