Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The FBI is executing search warrants at the New York homes of three suspected members of notorious hacking group Anonymous early Tuesday morning, FoxNews.com has learned.

More than 10 FBI agents arrived at the Baldwin, N.Y., home of Giordani Jordan with a search warrant for computers and computer-related accessories, removing at least one laptop from the premises.

The raids at two Long Island, N.Y., homes and one in Brooklyn, N.Y., were ongoing Tuesday morning.

Jordan's system was identified as allegedly being used in a coordinated distributed denial of service attack against several companies, a law enforcement official told FoxNews.com.

The targets of the FBI searches are all in their late teens to early 20s

Read more

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Oppsss! Seems like you can't do anything you like on the internet and get away.....At some point you'll have to pay....
Guess who's next - link :p
+1 FBI.

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
Haha! Thanks for the info Jack.

And your right, can't get away with it forever.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Any arrested hacker is a great source of information which will help the FBI apprehend other hackers...Every time I read a article like this one I keep thinking... this guy will tell everything we knows regarding the other hackers.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
LulzSec and Anonymous hacker suspects arrested by US, UK and Dutch authorities

Computer crime authorities will be hoping that they have struck a significant blow against the Anonymous and LulzSec hacking groups, following a series of raids and arrests on both sides of the Atlantic.

In the United States, 16 people have been arrested in connection with an internet attack last year against PayPal - an assault which was claimed by the loosely-knit hacktivist group known as "Anonymous", in retaliation for the website withdrawing support for WikiLeaks.

According to a Department of Justice press release, arrests were made in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, the District of Columbia, Florida, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio and the District of New Jersey.

In all, FBI agents executed more than 35 search warrants as part of the co-ordinated investigation.

In addition, the UK's PCeU arrested a 16-year-old youth known as 'T-Flow' in South London, on suspicion of breaching the Computer Misuse Act. The teenager is allegedly connected to hacks perpetrated by the LulzSec and Anonymous groups.

Finally, the Dutch National Police Agency arrested four individuals for alleged cybercrimes related to the case.

Read more

D

Deleted member 178

I wonder why hackers like to show off their prowess... if i was one of them, i hack a bank, transfer money, flee to an faraway country and enjoy my life with cocktails and girls ^^

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
If i was one of them, i hack a bank, transfer money, flee to an faraway country and enjoy my life with cocktails and girls ^^
Do you think that this hackers could hack a financial institution and accesses their financial data?

D

Deleted member 178

Yes, they just need to do a social engeenering of an employee, use his access to the bank network and make small transactions.

I remember a fired employee of a bank who hacked its employer network and transfered all the non-used tenth of cents (like 10.0048$) in every accounts to one he created in an offshore bank. He was caught because he did the trick a second time (the bank increase his security after the first)... he was to greedy...

You have plenty of "small banks" or new ones with weak security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.