Mini Spy

Latest Threads

1. Warning Welcome to MalwareTips.com, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn about PC security and computers.
    As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but you can not create new threads or reply to an existing one unless you are a registered member. By joining our free community you will have access to post threads, start private conversations with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features.
    Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join us today!
  2. Warning Icon Please note that all given instructions in each thread are customized for each help request, the tools used may cause damage if used on a computer with different infections. If you think you have similar problems, please post the appropriate logs in our Malware Removal Assistance forum and wait for help.

Please be aware that removing Malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. We will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for us to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and we cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

We strongly advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.
  3. Emsisoft  Mobile Security GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com: Emsisoft Mobile Security Giveaway

Get a free license key for Emsisoft Mobile Security to protect your Android smartphone. We are giving away Emsisoft Mobile Security license keys for our awesome members!

Get an Emsisoft Mobile Security license key!

4. Zemana AntiLogger Unlimited GiveawayEXCLUSIVE: Zemana AntiLogger Giveaway

Get a free license key for Zemana AntiLogger. We are giving away 300 Zemana AntiLogger license keys for our awesome members!

Get a Zemana AntiLogger license key!

5.  NoVirusThanks EXE GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com : NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro Giveaway

Get a free license key for NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro. We are giving away NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro license keys for our awesome members!

Get a NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro license key!

6. ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com:ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security Giveaway

Get a free license key for ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security. We are giving away ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security license keys for our awesome members!

Get a ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security license key!

7. Windows XP End Of Support

After 12 years, support for Windows XP has ended on April 8, 2014. There will be no more security updates or technical support for the Windows XP operating system. Without critical Windows XP security updates, your PC may become vulnerable to harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software which can steal or damage your business data and information. Many software vendors will no longer support their products running on Windows XP as they are unable to receive Windows XP updates. Most PC hardware manufacturers will stop supporting Windows XP on existing and new hardware.

8. Tip of the Day Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons
    Be wary of pop-up windows that ask you to download software or that offer to fix your computer. Often these pop-ups will claim that your computer has been infected and that their download can fix it – don’t believe them. Close the window and make sure you don’t click inside the pop-up window. Do not open files of unknown types, or if you see unfamiliar browser prompts or warnings asking you to open a file. Sometimes malware may prevent you from leaving a page if you land on it, for example by repeatedly opening a download prompt. If this happens, use your computer’s task manager or activity monitor to close your browser.

File Recovery Virus Returns, can't beat with previous method

Discussion in 'Malware Removal Assistance' started by MasterK-Bob, Sep 29, 2012.

1. MasterK-Bob

MasterK-Bob New Member

About a month ago my Dell Studio 1555 laptop was infected with the File Recovery Virus. I followed the instructions on your website and it worked great. Somehow while I was on sites I did not think were very questionable, it came back just like before. It didn't mess with my programs quite as much but it still removed icons from my desktop like my recycle bin. I tried to follow the same instructions, but this time Malware bytes did not delete it, and neither did hitman pro which I tried to run after, at which point I gave up and came here.

Attached Files:

2. Jack

Jack Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to the MalwareTips.com forums!

I'm Jack and I am going to try to assist you with your problem. Please take note of the below:
    • I will start working on your malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
    • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!
    • The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
    • If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
    • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
    • Refrain from running self fixes as this will hinder the malware removal process.
    • It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad as I post them.
    Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.

Before we start:
    Please be aware that removing malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.
    <hr />
    Please run the following utility so that we can get a log of your system...
    STEP 1 : Run a scan with Combofix
    Please read and follow very carefully the below instructions

Download ComboFix from one of the following locations: 

COMBOFIX DOWNLOAD LINK #1 (This link will automatically download Combofix on your computer)
    COMBOFIX DOWNLOAD LINK #2  (This link will automatically download Combofix on your computer)

VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop  
    <ul>
    <li>Close any open browsers.</li>
    <li><>Very Important!</> Temporarily <>disable</> your <>anti-virus</>, <>script blocking</> and any <>anti-malware</> real-time protection <em><>before</></em>performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause <em>"unpredictable results"</em>.</li>
    <li><>WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts</></li>
    <li>Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.</li>
    </ul>

How to run the Combofix scan :
    1. Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
    2. Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks
    3. Combofix will now start scanning your computer.
    4. When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Additional notes:
    <ol><li> DO NOT mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.</li>
    <li>DO NOT "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.</li>
    <li>IF after the reboot you get errors about programms being marked for deletion then reboot, that will cure it.</li></ol>

<hr />
    What's next?

Please post in your next reply:
    1.Combofix log
    2.Let me know if you had any problems with the above instructions and also <>let me know how things are running now!</>
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014