Solved FileZilla virus

JammerW

Thread author
Feb 5, 2015
Help.

Yesterday I downloaded FileZilla unfortunately from this site http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/
Avg warned me of a Trojan and to remove it. Which I accepted then taplika loaded on my browser then another message from avg said to restart laptop to remove any threat. So I did. Restarted and logged in to my laptop then all I had was a black screen with pointer. Could access task manager to open program's.

I Put laptop into safe mode and ran avg whole comp scan. Lots of files locked. Not scanned. Ok messages. Don't have scan report with me at the mo. But didn't seem to make any difference.

I Still have black screen with pointer when I log into windows. Looked at task manager and 2 runonce.exe are running. If I end task on those my desktop is displayed.

Hope someone can help.

JammerW

Thread author
Feb 5, 2015
Thanks for the reply.. sorry i haven't replied earlier, I wasn't at my laptop today.
I have downloaded and run the recovery scan tool and have now uploaded the .txt files

Thanks
Jamie

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    47.9 KB · Views: 85
  • FRST.txt
    39 KB · Views: 75

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

• Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 104

JammerW

Thread author
Feb 5, 2015
Ok done that.. I have attached the fixlog.txt and also a screenshot.
You can see on bottom bar there is still a link to taplinka.

Thanks

jamie

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    6.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot 2015-02-05 21.28.41.png
    Screenshot 2015-02-05 21.28.41.png
    173.5 KB · Views: 155

JammerW

Thread author
Feb 5, 2015
rebooted fine without the black screen now. but still has taplika (downloaded with affected software) link in the toolbar??

JammerW

Thread author
Feb 5, 2015
sure.
Taplika (which i understand is a browser hacker) is still showing in my taskbar. (see uploaded image) It looks like the link no longer exists though. So i am guessing it is ok just to delete the shortcut.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-02-05 21.28.41.png
    Screenshot 2015-02-05 21.28.41.png
    219.1 KB · Views: 198

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.