Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
"Since 2004, Google has been paying Mozilla a ton of money each year—estimated at around $100 million—for the privilege of being the default search engine used in the Firefox browser. This contribution represented the lion's share of Mozilla's income, something in the ballpark of 85 percent.

That deal, last renewed for a three-year period in 2011, has come to an end, and this time it won't be renewed."

Continue reading: http://arstechnica.com/information-...lationship-firefox-will-now-default-to-yahoo/

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I didn't care when google became the default search engine after installing FF. But adding the download protection integrated, sending information about .exe files being downloaded to google, and plus blocking legit files as malware was like using chrome with gecko engine.

YuanJiawj

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 9, 2014
"Since 2004, Google has been paying Mozilla a ton of money each year—estimated at around $100 million—for the privilege of being the default search engine used in the Firefox browser. This contribution represented the lion's share of Mozilla's income, something in the ballpark of 85 percent.

That deal, last renewed for a three-year period in 2011, has come to an end, and this time it won't be renewed."

Continue reading: http://arstechnica.com/information-...lationship-firefox-will-now-default-to-yahoo/
Thanks for the info, Personally I use another search engine for use in Chrome. (Duck Duck Go) :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its just a strategic move to increase market shares of a default search engine and surely Google still be the choice of major users around the world.

Still a long way for Yahoo to beat Google in all matters.

altanz

Level 1
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
Cyberfox will not! and Cyberfox is not a clone ;) and I am sure Palemoon will not follow them too.
Palemoon developed some compatibility problem with firefox addons like ad block plus. I will use it anyway as long as Palemoon provides alternative addons.

Reactions: tonibalas

altanz

Level 1
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
Palemoon uses ESR build of Mozilla. On the other hand, Cyberfox always follows latest build of Firefox.
Firefox released and then Cyberfox released in 1 or 2 days.

Do you mean that palemoon is not secure?

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Pale Moon is safer than FF IMO. It also runs stable on my machine, I guess FF never liked my system =(.

Reactions: yigido
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.