Firefox is Heavy on my machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffeeman

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
Ok, I have the latest version of FF, no more than 3 addons, but it feels like a 512mb RAM, pc trying to run COD MW. It the slowest browser I have ever seen. Tried to disable addons, the same. Anyone else has the same issues?

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Have you tried viewing the Firefox/plugincontainer processes using System Explorer or similar app?

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Firefox is also "heavy" in my laptop.

Try the Firefox alternatives if nothing else solves your problem: Pale Moon and Cyberfox.

If they are still heavy, try Google Chrome (different engine than Firefox's).

Reactions: Koroke San

Coffeeman

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
OK, sorry for being late in replying. The OS: Windows 8.1 64 bit, as security I only use Avast! free antivirus and as addons: Lastpass with xMarks, adblock and dnt (do not track). Did not try to unisntall/reinstall, as a main browser I use Chrome, but after being a FF addict in the past, decided to give it another go. Same addons on Chrome, but no lagging or feeling heavy.
As for Opera, well, used it a few weeks, maybe since they have decided to switch but...meh...really dont know what to say.
Have a nice day!

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
to heavy FireFox you also should have other FOX,FOX,FOX..like waterfox..me...with beta FF 31.beta 5 add ABP, Adblock Edge and WOT.
for anyone who interested with AdBlock Edge 2.1.3
Homepage
Direct Download

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

i suggest you:

Cyberfox (intel or Amd version depending your cpu)
adguard (adblock plus makes FF heavier)

you should see some improvements

Coffeeman

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
Uninstalled FF, and downloaded PaleMoon and Cyberfox. Currently using PaleMoon 64bit and with the same addons I see no problems. Will try to use Cyberfox in the near future to settle for one. Thank you for your answers. Have a nice day!

Reactions: XhenEd

Coffeeman

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 24, 2012
I guess something went wrong along the way. Both those extra FF browsers to say it so went on the same path as Firefox. Became heavy and sluggish and had to uninstall both. But after changing my dns servers with some of Google's public ones my Chrome at the moment and IE feel like the wind:). Light and fast. Gues this was the problem but when I was taking some speed test, my connection always exceeded 97Mbps @ download and over 23Mbps @upload. Don't really know what to say. But thank you again for your ideas.

Reactions: XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.