Status
Not open for further replies.

Myna

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
i4ziedksdnxbqwjjtqn3.jpg

We're no strangers to helping you secure your computer, but there are some computer security myths and stories that keep getting passed around, even though they're clearly not true. We sat down with a few computer security experts to separate fact from fiction.

A few weeks ago, Wired shared their five biggest cybersecurity myths and the truth behind them. Their list is good, but we thought there had to be some computer security stories that everyday users still believe, even though they've either been long debunked, or because they keep getting spread around.

We sat down with computer security and forensics experts Frederick Lane and Peter Theobald to get to the truth behind some security myths we've all heard on a regular basis.

Myth #1: No One Would Want To Hack Me, I Don't Have Anything Worth Taking
Myth #2: Services Like Tor and VPNs Make Me Completely Anonymous
Myth #3: MAC Filtering and Disabling SSID Broadcast Is Enough Protection For My Wi-Fi Network
Myth #4: Incognito Mode Protects My Privacy
Myth #5: I Don't Need Anti-Malware Tools, I Don't Do Anything Risky

To show respect to their effort, I didn't copy their explanations. Read them up @ the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.