Status
Not open for further replies.

Infected

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
https://www.virustotal.com/en/documentation/browser-extensions/mozilla-firefox/

It makes scanning URL's simpler... you simply right click on the URL and then "Scan with Virus Total".

Useful if you're using software that doesn't have a URL checker warning you if the site is bad before you enter it and still added protection even if your software does. I didn't know they had a browser add-on.

I hate viruses. maleware, etc...

Reactions: Exterminator

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I don't like the toolbar so I disabled it however the right click feature is pretty handy.Useful extension

Reactions: Infected

Infected

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
Yeah toolbar is simply disabled though. If I find anymore decent tools I'll let you know. Just found out about this add-on. Some antivirus kits don't come equipped with URL checkers... I know that Panda doesn't and this can actually put some people off.

Reactions: JakeXPMan

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
A good add on indeed, and one I think I've used before.

Nice Homer Icon Infect. Back in the day of press any key to continue.

Reactions: Infected

Infected

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
Haha yeah back when the Simpsons was funny.

Just getting the thing out there. All antvirus/maleware etc kits should have a good or bad before you enter feature... your antivirus software should be your second line of defense. If you use Panda which doesn't have such a feature, then there is always that Virus Total adon-on... " It uses up to 54 different antivirus products"

Think it is limited to only Firefox though.

Reactions: JakeXPMan

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Good info, and I agree... never though of Antivirus as a 2nd line... but it really should be.

1st line would be ourselves, if counting on our brain smarts, not the brain farts... thats when the Anti virus or addon comes to help. :) ;)

Even a slip of the mind, mouse or sudden rush can cause some major mistakes.

I escaped my hand knocking over my pineapple juice onto the computer, but luckly I had my laptop shut. phew!... only soaked the top shell. I left to dry just in case...

PS,

Yeah Simpsons had seen better days.. I liked it best in mid 90's myself. The newer seasons are not my cup of tea. I did like the movie though.

Reactions: frogboy

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its pretty fine addon, the only a problem where it incorporates with toolbar style unlike to Google Chrome which only single icon installed on the upper right corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.