frogboy's configuration Toshiba PC

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer
Real-time security
Emsisoft Internet Security. Zemana Antimalware. Shadow Defender.VoodooShield.
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Eset Online Scanner. MBAM.
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
CyberFox X64. SlimJet. X64.
uBlock origin. Blur. LastPass. Bitdefender Traffic light. HTTPS Everywhere. CookieMonster. Disconnect.
Maintenance tools
CCleaner. Wisecare 365 Pro.
File and Photo backup
Macrium Reflect free. Aomei Backupper Pro.
System recovery
Macrium Reflect free. Aomei Backupper Pro.

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Yes i have used Norton for 6 years and not one infection and it is so light you do not no it running. Got to be happy with that. :)

Norotn is awesome. I had issues with it long time back when it used to slow down my system a lot. But from last few years they improved a lot :). I have norton in one of my systems and it's quite good. Automatic maintenance of the system when it's idle is a added advantage.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I must say (what you've already known) how it was you, frogboy, whom opened my eyes to the (current) ease and excellent protections Norton affords among Security Suites.:) Now, presently in your stable and satisfied Windows 10 state, I'm recalling that it took a number of sojourns through "Mirkwood" before you came through the forest and out into the light along which I wouldn't mind meeting some wood elves along the way!:) ...if only they didn't :eek:lock up dwarfs as well as men.:oops: BTW, this Hobbit likens your configuration to a very clean house that's very light and includes everything I like inside!:):)

Last edited:

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I must say (what you've already known) how it was you, frogboy, whom opened my eyes to the (current) ease and excellent protections Norton affords among Security Suites.:) Now, at present, of your stable and satisfied Windows 10 state, it certainly required a number of sojourns through Murkwood before you came through the forest and out into the light along which I wouldn't mind meeting some wood elves along the way!:) ...if they didn't :eek:lock up dwarfs as well as men.:oops: BTW, this Hobbit likens your configuration to a very clean house that's very light and includes everything I like inside!:):)

I read your commend and read it again and again till I understand it 70% :p. Had to google few words to know the meaning :D. Seems like a fiction story though :D

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
:eek:Oh! @Anupam, I apologize for any and all confusion.:confused: You were right.:) I had made reference with (as you are now well versed..) the story, "The Hobbit", to which I was being quite silly in comparing being lost (in the pitch black forest named Mirkwood) with how it might be for some trying to get Windows 10 to work perfectly as frogboy has!:rolleyes: It was perhaps too easy for me to joke about myself being a Hobbit = A short fat creature whom does not (usually) go on adventures, but would rather stay home instead and eat!:p
Additionally, a Hobbit would most likely still be stuck using Windows XP too!:D

Last edited:

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Remove Ashampoo WinOptimizer and blur and switch to better alternatives such as tweaking.com's simple s/m tweaker and LastPass. If you use blur only to remove trackers then its ok. Is it norton total security or Norton IS?

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.