Pros
  • • Nice and Easy Interface

• Low Ram Usage

• Detection Rate was great against 34 Files

• Zero Day Protection was good

• Light on System

• Quick Scanning and Removal
CONS
• Not the Hottest on Web Blocking (Did not seem to block Exploits)

• Left a lot of PUP’s behind. (PUP’s are not serious, but annoying to have)

• Download File was Large (407 mb)
BOTTOM LINE
According to my testing’s, G-Data seemed to protect me well. They improved on ram usage since the last version was 83 megabytes of ram. I do like what they have done with this new 2015 version. The only thing I would like for them to improve on is blocking exploits and PUP’s since Malwarebytes detected a lot of PUP’s. I would recommend this to users who want to be protected well against serious infections.

amz

Level 4
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Good review....r u using malwarepacks from virusexchange?
I think since all undetected samples are submitted to the av vendrs, they will always have good detection rate.

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
Good review....r u using malwarepacks from virusexchange?
I think since all undetected samples are submitted to the av vendrs, they will always have good detection rate.
yea I am, but it was not submitted to g-data and I usually still get files left behind even if they get submitted.

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
btw who give a darn about the installer size anyways and besides most video games installers are very higher than that file

Malware Security

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2013
btw who give a darn about the installer size anyways and besides most video games installers are very higher than that file

haha true, but I put it as a disadvantage because there are people out there that most likely have horrible Internet connection, so downloading G-Data as there antivirus will take them years!lol
I still like G-Data, I just wanted to let people know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.