G Data Total Protection 2014 BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayanami

Thread author
Jan 14, 2012
http://www.rokop-security.de/index.php?s=151e5b2a6b492b3781eae12ab7a664e4&showtopic=22950&pid=367576&start=100&#entry367576

EARLY BIRD

New in this beta version:

- Startup Manager
- New UI
- Bank Guard
- Device Control
- New Set Up Technology
- New anti-virus technology

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
This time with it be able to active the trial mode? :rolleyes:

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Screenshot:

gdata1.jpg

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MrXidus said:
Screenshot:

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/5710/gdata1.jpg

I kinda like the interface. Looks quite good. Nice and simple on the outside but has all the settings that you want on the inside. :)

Ayanami

Thread author
Jan 14, 2012
McLovin said:
Ayanami said:

Is there a a date when that would come out?

Final version may release in April or May

AVAST engine has been removed,replaced by G data own engine(heuristic,cloud scanning etc)

improved BB + BUG FIX

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Ayanami said:
Final version may release in April or May

AVAST engine has been removed,replaced by G data own engine(heuristic,cloud scanning etc)

improved BB + BUG FIX

With the that engine that could of been the one that didn't take that long to update.

Waiting till the Final Version is released.

Syntax

Level 1
Feb 4, 2012
With Avast engine removed and replaced with G-data own's engine, I guess this version will be lighter?

I will wait for the final version test.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Syntax said:
With Avast engine removed and replaced with G-data own's engine, I guess this version will be lighter?

I will wait for the final version test.

In a way yes, I felt it to be lighter, but updating is still the same. Slow and needs improved, but like you said with Avast gone the engine (which ever one it was) seemed to update faster.

tapoo

Level 4
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
fully new UI looks quite good, if they drop Avast, then they using Bitdefender and their OWN GDATA engine, which is first time AFAIK, and not much tested, if their own engine fails, they have bitdefender engine as failsafe though :)

that means GDATA following Emsisoft's way :)

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
im really pleased with the interface. from the review done by MrITReview i can see that their web-filter still very weak though file detection fills the gap for it.

im liking what im seeing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.