Fav. Desktop OS
Windows
Fav. Antivirus
Eset, but don't yet have it.

Jemor

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 19, 2015
So glad I found this forum. I'm about to tackle a blasted redirect virus. These people are getting better at planting these as this is the first major problem I have not been able to fix myself since home pc's were invented. But then, I'm now using windows 8.1...grrrr and not looking forward to Windows 10. Operating systems are getting far too advanced too quickly in my opinion and most features are not used or needed, especially by older people.
Heads up! there are more things in life than computers and gaming, especially when you have to spend hours of that precious life fixing other people's hijacking.
Don't worry, I'll feel better when I get this fixed. :) Just venting!

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Hi and Welcome in to the lair of busted malwares Jemor ... o_O I'm your tour guide Sunday Knight... !

Good luck with the issue, it sounds like common sense more then venting, but hopefully that Virus will meet ESET soon. They will talk it out :D Or that's what the re-direct virus thinks... ;)

I'm losing my war with corrupt drivers in an OS. it won't boot on laptop, now suddenly :p baaahhh.
Freezes just before 'WELCOME' :oops:

Jemor

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 19, 2015
Thank you Jake for your welcome.
Sorry to here you are having trouble. I guess you've tried to start up in 'Safe Mode' with the F5? key tapping before it gets to welcome? From memory I think I had to do that with similar problem a long time ago and search for the driver needed to download and install. I can't remember now. My old head is getting too bogged up with fixes. A bit like my pc's. hehe..garbage in, garbage out.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
G'day and welcome to MalwareTips. I hope you enjoy your time here in the forums. :)

Feel free to contribute in this community.

This a good place to be. ;)

Welcome fellow Aussie. :D

S

Sr. Normal

Welcome to MT

Caution: MT is really addictive!!

ecdZzvC.gif

Jemor

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 19, 2015
Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes.

I'm sorry I haven't been online since my post, but where I live we have just gone through a national disaster as a catagory 2 cyclone hit a few days ago and have not had power, phones or internet until yesterday. The east coast Aussies would know what it's been like. Massive clean up and now getting to attend my online stuff. I might even get a chance in the next few days to have a better look around the forums and getting to know some of you better.

TwinHeadedEagle seems to have fixed my pc also, so everything looking up again here.

Thank you all again.

Reactions: LabZero
L

LabZero

Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes.

I'm sorry I haven't been online since my post, but where I live we have just gone through a national disaster as a catagory 2 cyclone hit a few days ago and have not had power, phones or internet until yesterday. The east coast Aussies would know what it's been like. Massive clean up and now getting to attend my online stuff. I might even get a chance in the next few days to have a better look around the forums and getting to know some of you better.

TwinHeadedEagle seems to have fixed my pc also, so everything looking up again here.

Thank you all again.
No problem , Good Luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.