Expired Get Free 30GB Cloud Storage Life Time - Pogoplug

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
It is mandatory spam or does unsubscribe really work without making a federal case?

PVA_BR

Level 4
Verified
Jan 4, 2014
It is mandatory spam or does unsubscribe really work without making a federal case?

Seems that it's mandatory. But I guess one can always unsubscribe from CNET newsletter later...

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Anyone have any technical information about this company? How is privacy, security, etc?

Reactions: Ink

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Anyone have any technical information about this company? How is privacy, security, etc?

Would be interested to know too. My Google drive is bursting out soon. Having another Chinese service provider as back-up temporarily.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Personally for security my choices would be either SpiderOak or Mega.SpiderOak will only give you 2GB free but is probably one of the best in terms of security.Mega gives you 50GB free and would be my personal choice for free space and security.
Pogoplug as far as I can recall doesn't or did not have encrypted storage only transfers are encrypted.It is however unlimited everything for about $5 USD/month
I use Mega,Dropbox & MediaFire.I do have some files stored on One Drive

However with a Temp/Disp. email you can grab 30GB of free lifetime storage so I would say it is definitely worth having around however I am not sure I would store anything really important.
The cons that I have read concerning pogoplug were no device syncing,no storage encryption and no file versioning.
One thing to consider is that all data is stored on Amazon3 servers along with a ton of other cloud storage services without encryption.

Last edited:

robbyrob

Level 1
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
This is a pretty good deal. I signed up a while back and have not received any spam really.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Is this Promo unaffected by the changes to free account holders? (How To Download Everything From Your Account | Pogoplug Blog)
If you have a free account, as of June 15th, 2015 you will be locked out of your account and you will not be able to access your files. To save your data you can either upgrade to an unlimited account, or use our backup software to easily download the contents of your account.

Reactions: Exterminator

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
Personally for security my choices would be either SpiderOak or Mega.SpiderOak will only give you 2GB free but is probably one of the best in terms of security.Mega gives you 50GB free and would be my personal choice for free space and security.
Pogoplug as far as I can recall doesn't or did not have encrypted storage only transfers are encrypted.It is however unlimited everything for about $5 USD/month
I use Mega,Dropbox & MediaFire.I do have some files stored on One Drive

However with a Temp/Disp. email you can grab 30GB of free lifetime storage so I would say it is definitely worth having around however I am not sure I would store anything really important.
The cons that I have read concerning pogoplug were no device syncing,no storage encryption and no file versioning.
One thing to consider is that all data is stored on Amazon3 servers along with a ton of other cloud storage services without encryption.
Mega is no longer trustworthy since "Kim Dotcom" is no longer the owner of the domain. currently his wife and a chinese company which holds most of the shares control Mega.
you read up on it further if you want:
Kim Dotcom: I don't trust Mega
Kim Dotcom says his own Mega cloud storage service isn’t safe anymore | News | Geek.com

Charbel

Level 1
Verified
Mar 17, 2015
Promo is over. Not giving 30GB when u make new account via promo link of cnet. Please delete it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.