Google Chrome Virus??

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! Does anyone have information on this?? What's being done to stop this virus?? It seems to being taking all our malware fighters time cleaning it on PC's. My question is it on all browsers?? Why is it so hard to prevent this virus. I know a lot of questions, but that's the way I learn. Also I'm wondering about this that is in TwinHeadedEagle's recommendations. I know I'm to dang curious, but how else will I know if I don't ask?? Is this a sister forum to MT??
MUST READ - security tips:
Thank you!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Moose

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Google Chrome Virus??
Your title Thread, make google chrome users offended, i'm sorry :)

I use google chrome almost 3 years and never infected or maybe??? :)

Reactions: Terry Ganzi

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Google Chrome Virus??
Your title Thread, make google chrome users offended, i'm sorry :)

I use google chrome almost 3 years and never infected or maybe??? :)
Hi! I'm sorry my title offended you. I copied it from our malware forum. Have a look for yourself. It's every where in our malware section.
I'm just asking and trying to learn new things to help my seniors safe surf in my retirement village! What are Google Chrome users clicking on to get infected. Is that a fair question????:rolleyes::rolleyes: Do you have a answer!
Thank you!!

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Hi! I'm sorry my title offended you. I copied it from our malware forum. Have a look for yourself. It's every where in our malware section.
I'm just asking and trying to learn new things to help my seniors safe surf in my retirement village! What are Google Chrome users clicking on to get infected. Is that a fair question????:rolleyes::rolleyes: Do you have a answer!
Thank you!!
Np Mr. Doneteo :) You can use sandboxie free ;):) and tried to run it in Sandboxie before you install it in your real system :)
many members here use it but I do not use it because I use VM :)

i'm sorry my english is bad :)

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Are you sure its Chrome getting infected and not a malicious process pretending to be Google Chrome instead?

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Np Mr. Doneteo :) You can use sandboxie free ;):) and tried to run it in Sandboxie before you install it in your real system :)
many members here use it but I do not use it because I use VM :)

i'm sorry my english is bad :)
Hi Sir! N/P Your English is fine. I understand both sandboxie and VM. I choose not to run either as I'm well protectected and always have a virus free back up image of my OS to restore if I'm ever unable to clean infections from my PC!

Are you sure its Chrome getting infected and not a malicious process pretending to be Google Chrome instead?
Hi! No Sir! I'm not sure of that. That's why I'm asking this question. All I see in our malware section is that Chrome has become corrupted and needs to be reinstalled. I have purposed this question before on the forum, and I'm still looking for a answer. All the answers so far have not made this clear to me.

Reactions: Adhit Prakosho

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! I don't seem to be the only one that is asking questions about Google Chrome.
What's the big secret and why don't we have a answer here on MT??
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/websearch/sQ7ukbJrSOk
I love this response from the above link! I guess I'm the only one here looking for answers??? Looks like my worthless AV program cares about this:):);) Maybe that's why I'm not getting infected. I use MSE and MBAM Pro
Capture48.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi It seems that one person has found a little relief from this virus. I have also seen this recommended in our malware section.
I take these things very serious. I have also been around the block a couple of times.;) I'm using Google search engine and I'm not seeing any of these problems. Are these all old replies to Google. It doesn't seem to me anyone is addressing the problem, but I'm not trained in fighting malware. Here's a interesting read!!
piranpiran
3/22/11
[2011-03-22 2201hrs]
Google, you still have not put your house in order.
The poisoning that you are sanctioning continues.

I notice today the exploit has achieved an astonishing
100% grasp on a particular set of images that I both
monitor and some of which are of my own copyright.

With Chrome's search setting at STRICT I notice with
utter dismay that *ALL* the results carry malware.
But with that setting put to the default MODERATE
then the situation appears much more in control.

I find your woeful inaction perturbing. To allow your
most protected [sic] search setting to perform THIS
badly somewhat beggars my belief.

My server logs show various Google IP/operatives
apparently investigating ...by my own interpretation.
However there apparently is no change on-line.

How much worse do you intend to allow this to get?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.