Google is developing cancer and heart attack detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Google is developing cancer and heart attack detector : http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-29802581

tumor cells circulating in the blood stream, such as this cluster of lung tumor cells (in red-blue) shown interacting with normal blood cells (green-blue) recovered from a blood sample - enh crop.jpg
OsyDcdT.jpg

Google is aiming to diagnose cancers, impending heart attacks or strokes and other diseases, at a much earlier stage than is currently possible.
The company is working on technology that combines disease-detecting nanoparticles, which would enter a patient's bloodstream via a swallowed pill, with a wrist-worn sensor.
The idea is to identify slight changes in the person's biochemistry that could act as an early warning system.
The work is still at an early stage.
Early diagnosis is the key to treating disease. Many cancers, such as pancreatic, are detected only after they have become untreatable and fatal.
There are marked differences between cancerous and healthy tissues.
Google's ambition is to constantly monitor the blood for the unique traces of cancer, allowing diagnosis long before any physical symptoms appear.
The project is being conducted by the search company's research unit, Google X, which is dedicated to investigating potentially revolutionary innovations. ..

.. read more ..

- so the Google X-files in the bad blood ?..
x-file enh 96x96.jpg
fhEA1Ok.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Prorootect , this is a major step for early warning in disease prevention which gives us all reason to pause and consider.
Google will be in our blood :eek: They will spy more than our imagine :D
Good Google, I like these kind of projects
I like these kinds of posts (@yigido , your first sentence had me lol!!:p:D) and seeing the word "Good"o_O beside "Google", apart from the customary Search, Talk, Plus, Chrome, Glass, ect..., was also a very nice thing to behold!:p:rolleyes:

Reactions: Prorootect
Y

yigido

Prorootect , this is a major step for early warning in disease prevention which gives us all reason to pause and consider.

I like these kinds of posts (@yigido , your first sentence had me lol!!:p:D) and seeing the word "Good"o_O beside "Google", apart from the customary Search, Talk, Plus, Chrome, Glass, ect..., was also a very nice thing to behold!:p:rolleyes:
Thanks @Cats-4_Owners-2 , sorry I have limited likes so I quoted your post to say "Thanks, I liked it" :)
Have a great day my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.