Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
The United States National Intelligence Agency (NSA) or the largest Internet giant Google - According to you, Which one is the more worse?
Is that NSA ? But, according to the popular Media tycoon Rupert Murdoch (@rupertmurdoch), Google is worse than the NSA.

Murdoch, founder of global media holding company News Corporation - the world's second-largest media conglomerate, currently lives in Australia and is once more making the sort of news he'd prefer to be remembered for.
The 83-year old tweeted on Sunday, in which he labeled Google worse than the National Security Agency (NSA). The missive was as follows: “NSA privacy invasion bad, but nothing compared to Google.
NSA privacy invasion bad, but nothing compared to Google.

— Rupert Murdoch (@rupertmurdoch) August 17, 2014
In past, Murdoch accused Google of stealing the content of his newspapers (yet never putting in place a robots.txt file that would prevent search engines crawling it) and has always criticised Google as allowing the theft of movies by indexing torrent sites.
In 2012, he was all riled up about piracy and said Google - the Piracy leader: “Piracy leader is Google who streams movies free, sells [advertisements] around them. No wonder pouring millions into lobbying.

Back in April, he also tweeted: “Google attack on NSA extreme nerve. Google has more data on all of us and uses it. No evidence of NSA doing this. Ethical company?
As usual, Murdoch's preferred Twitter style is to fire up something nasty and then disappear himself for few days.

So we don't have any idea about his complaint with the Internet giant, and also why he thinks Google is worse than the US spying agency NSA, which collects data on individuals it has no reason to suspect deserve any investigation whatsoever.
As of now, Rupert Murdoch is chief executive of News Corp. and 21st Century Fox, who closed a newspaper in Britain due to hacking of people’s phones and other controversies, to go after Google. He faces FBI and US government investigations into bribery and corruption and on 21 July 2012, resigned as a director of News International.​

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Maybe hes spying but this have nothing todo with this aricle. for me it would be not a big surprise that google knows more about me than the nsa. why? hey, its google.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
So is Rupert;)
1-Rupert-Murdoch-Time-Warner-Merger.jpg

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Thanks to the free telephone service Gmail provides, I cut my landline last year. Result: saves me $55 mo x 12 = $660 year. Thanks, Google!
Bty - I can sue Google if need be, try suing the NSA, Obama.

Reactions: Venustus

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
For all these about spying on users and advice for opting out etc.. Maybe today we can opt out of some of the spying they do, but as years go by things will be more intense. So why being that paranoid about trackers, email providers keeping content, location reporting etc etc;
You can understand that if look back some years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.