Android
Fav. Antivirus
malwarebytes
Fav. Videogame
pacman

ref551

Thread author
Sep 9, 2012
When I use Google I keep getting Google-Italian though I am in NYC! However, at the bottom of my searches it has my correct location. This started when I changed my cable modem (I have Time Warner Cable). It happens on XP with Firefox on my desk top and on my Chromebook too. Also on my Chromebook, Google thinks I am in Italy with it's automatic time zone selection “set time zone automatically using your location”.
How can I correct this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sr. Normal
D

Deleted member 178

Nothing wrong with your IP (please remove it , malicious people my try to hack you )

- at the bottom of google home page , check there :

kMJ64iP.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Welcome to MT :) You need to contact @Jack to change your username as you should not post your email on the forums or your ip and other personal information.

Reactions: frogboy

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips. I hope you enjoy the forums.:)

This is a good place to be.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.