Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Google updates logo to better represent its brand
Google has revealed a new logo in an emotional video that will bring you to tears when you realize how much they've impacted the Web, and life in general, in the past 17 years.

As the company's representatives put it: "Once upon a time, Google was one destination that you reached from one device: a desktop PC. These days, people interact with Google products across many different platforms, apps and devices—sometimes all in a single day."

This required an updated logo, one that could be easily adapted to the multitude of products the company now manages, products that cannot be represented through the classic Google woodmark anymore.

A new logo with a new font: Product Sans
The new logo uses rounder, geometric letters, the all-present flat design style that's been a staple at the Mountain View company for some years now, and a custom-designed font that's called Product Sans.

Additionally, besides the classic "Google" spelled-out logo, a new "G" icon was also announced, in the same font, and using Google's four colors: red, blue, green, and yellow.

The new logo is already on the company's search engine, and will start rolling out slowly to other products in the upcoming days.

A company that constantly moves forward needs a logo that's constantly evolving as well
Also, as Laura Melahn, Marketing Partner at Google Ventures, also posted on Twitter, the company is in the process of removing the old logo from its headquarters and installing the new one (see tweet at the end of this article.)

Taking into account that Google has massively restructured in the past month, this should not surprise you.

In case you haven't found out, Google is now part of a larger company called Alphabet, and Larry Page and Sergey Brin are Alphabet's CEO and President. Google's current CEO is Sundar Pichai, its former Product Chief.

D

Deleted member 178

Me: "Ok google ! Show me the data you have collected from me"

Google: "you dont have enough priviledges, contact your administrator"

:D

More seriously, im so used to Google that using something else seems boring to me.

vishwa

Level 1
Verified
Aug 18, 2015
I like the new design of Google Logo. Its elegant and looks attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.