Goro's config :D

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
*(Still) laughing from your comment, "..too lazy to click Windows Update everyday :p".:D
..and I know just how that feels!;)

Last edited:
Reactions: goro

goro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2014
update: intall thunderbird, firefox 31
FF is great!!! i love FF's user interface, but on my laptop its still slower than IE11. So now i use FF for download files > 1GB on mega, sufing websites doen't worked well on IE :D

goro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2014
Update: install windows 8.1. Its good, fast and I love it :D

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Do you still have Windows Defender or are you using avast! free right now ?

goro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2014
Im using windows defender now. Its good and light, love it :D

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I stand by Windows Defender, and continue to recommending it.:cool: Curiously though, since Aura asked this of you specifically, on our own Windows 8.1 system, Defender has been deactivated because we are now trying Avast!o_O:rolleyes: So far, so good!!:D

goro, if you truly love Firefox's user interface, but find it still behaves slowly on your lap top just as it does on ours, you might like Cyberfox x64!;) I browse with their portable version extracted onto a USB flash drive to keep our system lighter. The choice is yours. Just be sure you choose the correct version for your CPU which you can read all about it here:
https://8pecxstudios.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: goro

goro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2014
thank you, I'll try that :D
about avast, somehow its really hate Jadivic 2010 (Japanese-Vietnamese dictionary), I can use Jadivic with Avast!. So i'll stick with window defender :p

goro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2014
Good config but I recommend Avast than Windows Defender :)
my app Jadivic can't work with Avast! :p.
Btw, happy Miku's birthday XD.
This song is for you :3

Reactions: Manzai

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
It keeps saying that my app is a malware, then delete files.

You could white-list it (add it to avast! exclusion list) so it won't be deleted by avast!. Is it deleted on scan-time or run-time ?

goro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2014
i wrote, but it still del my files ~~. it deleted on run-time

goro

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 6, 2014
i did, and reinstall my app, Avast still del my files. Anyway, happy with windows defender now :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.