LabZero

Thread author
Last edited by a moderator:

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Thanks for posting this, @Klipsh.

I'm going to attempt to disable everything that I possibly can, but Microsoft might try to sneak it back onto the system with some outrageous update.

Privacy is the price you pay if you get something like this for free.

Last edited:

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Thank you for posting nice instructions how to disable data logging. I will follow them after installation. I don't want Microsoft to collect my data as I have many keys/licenses for a. products and programs and other stuff. I know that the browsers/Os spies on users but I want to reduce it to minimum

Reactions: Moose and LabZero

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
I think first create a Paragon backup and then test these settings.

I want to create a backup with acronis before proceeding the instructions you posted. However, I can test it in Vmware or on a created virtual disk vhd with Windows 10 installed as it will better rather doing in Vmware. If something goes wrong I replace a vhd with another copy of vhd ( usually, after installing Windows on vhd I make another copy of it and store on disk D. So, I can play with settings, installing programs that can crush my system. Then, I can replace a corrupted Windows on vhd with a new copy).
However, I store keys/licenses and other stuff only for authorized persons :) on my second laptop that is not connected to the Internet. If I need to share keys just use usb drive to move them to my working laptop.

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
It tells to disable cortana, one drive, microsoft music app, microsoft defender, microsoft photo viewer, and a lot, what remains is that simply switch towards linux then why removing functionalities of windows!

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
It tells to disable cortana, one drive, microsoft music app, microsoft defender, microsoft photo viewer, and a lot, what remains is that simply switch towards linux then why removing functionalities of windows!

You are right it is better not to use a computer at all or move to LInux :)

Reactions: LabZero and Tani
L

LabZero

Thread author
This is the price to pay to have more privacy, perhaps in the future this will change or maybe was better Windows 7 ....

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
This is the price to pay to have more privacy, perhaps in the future this will change or maybe was better Windows 7 ....

That's why Microsoft gives us is as ,,gift,, to upgrade for free. It' s like a trojan horse
The Trojan Horse is a tale from the Trojan War about the subterfuge that the Greeks used to enter the city of Troy and win the war.Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes - That means in English "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts". Its literal meaning is "Fear the Danaans [Greeks], even those bearing gifts" or "even when they bear gifts". :)

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
@Klipsh Thanks for this detailed guide. I think that this is fundamental to understand better the privacy system and the importance of these tips during this weeks, the first weeks of Windows 10 in all over the world.
I think also that Windows 10 for now isn't perfect yet, but it will become better soon!
Thanks again for this thread!

Reactions: frogboy and LabZero

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
That's why Microsoft gives us is as ,,gift,, to upgrade for free. It' s like a trojan horse
The Trojan Horse is a tale from the Trojan War about the subterfuge that the Greeks used to enter the city of Troy and win the war.Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes - That means in English "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts". Its literal meaning is "Fear the Danaans [Greeks], even those bearing gifts" or "even when they bear gifts". :)
A good thought you got there. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.