Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Is there firewall in Bitdefender IS ? If I know correctly the answer "Yes, IS version has firewall", so why are you using Comodo Firewall?
You can add HTTPS Everywhere to your browsers to make your connections secure. :)
Yes Bitdefender does have a firewall! :rolleyes: I'm using CFW for the HIPS, I find that it is more powerful in detecting changes to important folders and files in my system, also the firewall is more interactive whereas bitdefender's firewall is more silent when it comes to applications requesting connections to the outside. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion I will look into it! I think using zenmate when I am not in a secure network is also a good precaution already! :D

Reactions: Ali80
Y

yigido

Thanks for the suggestion I will look into it! I think using zenmate when I am not in a secure network is also a good precaution already! :D
Actually, I do not trust Zenmate.
I am using FrootVPN on public.

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Solid configuration but for me Bitdefender AV is better to stay on a system since you have a firewall from Comodo that provides better configuration. :)
Have to agree! :D Oh well I am only using it because I had an extended licence from the forum! I'll switch back to either Avast or Qihoo when it's expired because I really liked the both of them when I used them! Avast most likely because it's not as buggy as Bitdefender or Qihoo
The only thing I would do is add PrivaZer
Ahh that's an interesting piece of software, but bitdefender has a file shredder already! I use to on files that contain sensitive data :) Thanks for the recommendation!

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Removed Bitdefender Internet Security
Added 360 Total Security

S

Sr. Normal

Removed Bitdefender Internet Security
Added 360 Total Security

I think it's a good change. Remember you can customize security levels and you can also activate the bitdefender engines and avira, they coming disabled.

To avoid conflicts you must assign different permissions in Comodo and Qihoo , and also disable Sandbox and HIPS in one of the components, to avoid duplication of services and avoid conflicts

upload_2014-12-20_10-15-17.png

upload_2014-12-20_10-18-48.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Atlas147

Level 30
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I think it's a good change. Remember you can customize security levels and you can also activate the bitdefender engines and avira, they coming disabled.

To avoid conflicts you must assign different permissions in Comodo and Qihoo , and also disable Sandbox and HIPS in one of the components, to avoid duplication of services and avoid conflicts

View attachment 37548

View attachment 37549
Thanks a bunch! I'm actually having some trouble with 360, whenever I unzip malware to my system to run a test it doesn't seem to detect it until I scan the folder? Does that happen to you too?

Reactions: silversurfer
S

Sr. Normal

I do the test I in virtualbox with UnThreat and AVG . Well, only with AVG because I was tired of writing Not Detected

With Qihoo , now that you mention it , yes I detect when the downloaded .exe network , but I 've downloaded MWP 2014-12-20 #28.7z from http://malwaretips.com/threads/2014-12-20-28.39274/
and has not done anything. It must be that until it does not run does not work

Anyway , I can tell you that I put it to my wife and I had to uninstall it because the games she downloaded by the network detected as viruses and Bitdefender did not see well . Then we find that was because the Pup Ups . Ie quieter than Qihoo will do a good job . I am sure .

upload_2014-12-20_10-43-59.png

upload_2014-12-20_10-44-42.png

You can always download , unzip and let the scan Right , without your computer is in danger

upload_2014-12-20_10-58-58.png

Reactions: silversurfer

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.