Battle Haozip vs Bandizip vs 7-Zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Haven't tried the others, but I think 7-Zip would be better. I've used it for quite a long time and its rocks. Its light, fast and compression ratio is awesome.

PS- I moved on from 7-Zip to WinRAR and WinZip as most of the official documents that I get are compressed with either the latest version of WinZip or WinRAR. But I still LOVE 7-Zip <3

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
I am not sure if any of them are better as each one of them is doing exactly the same, but then in a different way.
Personally i would take winrar and secondly winzip and if both are not available then 7-zip is great.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
but none of them support the rar5 archive, right ? :p

Bandizip can open and extract RAR5 archive formats for free.
B1 Free Archiver has added RAR5 support to their Android version and soon will add it to their Windows version.

HaoZip (Chinese version) fully supports RAR5 archive formats, hopefully will be added to the English version.

7-Zip hasn't been updated since (2010-11-18), the project is pretty much dead now.
Most of the development is now done by PeaZip project which uses 7-Zip open-source code.

I personally like HaoZip better because it supports many features not offered in others for free.

Enjoy!! :D

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Personally, I am using Power Archiver but I prefer 7 zip because it is really light and has very great compression ratio.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Haozip english version supports upto 42 decompressing formats which is greater then 7zip & it's extract & compress same as winrar speed. it scan for malicious stuff using it's dual core 360 & qq engine when u open a rar. It include a image viewer which supports 43 images formats, also other features.

software182

Level 12
Verified
Mar 4, 2014
Bandizip can open and extract RAR5 archive formats for free.
B1 Free Archiver has added RAR5 support to their Android version and soon will add it to their Windows version.

HaoZip (Chinese version) fully supports RAR5 archive formats, hopefully will be added to the English version.

7-Zip hasn't been updated since (2010-11-18), the project is pretty much dead now.
Most of the development is now done by PeaZip project which uses 7-Zip open-source code.

I personally like HaoZip better because it supports many features not offered in others for free.

Enjoy!! :D
really ? i tried Haozip few days ago, and it didn't open my rar5 archive, that's weird :/

musings4

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 17, 2014
I like Peazip, albeit there are some issues such as freezes when adding files to an archive. It has a native 64-bit program, which is good. 7-zip has the same issue as peazip as it pertains to adding multiple files to an archive. And it has been updated but its an alpha version, which was release December 2013.

Reactions: Littlebits
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.