having trouble in configuring EMET

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
Having a little trouble configuring EMET..

i added acrobat reader to it??

but where is flashplayer located??? i cant find the executable to add it??

and what other programs should i add to it??

D

Deleted member 178

You must add all internet-connected progs except AV/suite, it may conflict with their own self protection feature.

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
You must add all internet-connected progs except AV/suite, it may conflict with their own self protection feature.

and what about flashplayer location??

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Usually its stated on this location:

Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
malwarekiller. Seriosuly if you arent relying on Adobe for a special reason then ditch Acrobat to go for a better one like Sumatra OR Nitro PDF or Foxit Reader.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
According to his security set-up, he's using Chrome which does have a built-in PDF viewer, maybe he needs it for advanced features such as Form-Filling.

Or it's for IE9?

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
Earth said:
According to his security set-up, he's using Chrome which does have a built-in PDF viewer, maybe he needs it for advanced features such as Form-Filling.

Or it's for IE9?

is it ok to leave the EMET settings on default?

avast behaviour shield goes mad with pop-ups when my browsers are in EMET mode..is it ok to have avast trust my browsers and explorer.exe??

P.S.i already have COMODO defense+ running and monitoring my system.:cool:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Well I don't know, EMET can break a few programs if it's incompatible.

Change your Avast Behaviour settings, or add exclusions? I don't use Avast, so I cannot comment.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If you believe that the pop up from BB of Avast likely to be safe then just add to exclusion on a trusted application when set to "ask".

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
jamescv7 said:
If you believe that the pop up from BB of Avast likely to be safe then just add to exclusion on a trusted application when set to "ask".

I moved it back to auto...i already have D+ Hips running...probably i figured out the way of working with EMET...thanks all!

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
How valuable is this program and are there any conflicts with programs? I'm wondering if I should install it or not, my pc is running great so i'm a bit hesitant.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
Good site for proper setup
http://www.winhelp.us/index.php/general-security/other-free-security-programs/microsoft-emet.html

Updated for version 3.0
http://rationallyparanoid.com/articles/microsoft-emet-3.html

Don't forget new version went live today
Adobe Flash Player 11.3.300.257
Adobe flash http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.