Fav. Antivirus
We have Norton with the box but used to like AVG
Fav. Videogame
Sins of a Solar Empire

NSteveRa

Thread author
Feb 2, 2015
Hello All,

I thank you for allowing me into this august gathering and hope that we will all get along and I won't get on your nerves with my constant wittering, but hey, I'm a bloke and hail from Yorkshire so you'll have to manage. :)

I have been battling with what I believe is the uk.yhs4.search thingy, but what do I know, I have been programming for over 30 years, on IBM midrange machines, and so obviously I haven't got a clue about these little things. You know the first computer I worked on, as an operator, (ICL 1903T) was about 5 feet high, 2 feet wide and about 15 feet long and it had 128K of main storage. We had 15 external disc drives each about the size of a washing machine that used packs of 10 discs that looked like old LP records. We used to start jobs off using punched paper tape, and we could only have one job queue running at a time. An' yeh tell that t' kids u t'day an they wunt believe yuh! (My Yorkshire accent has dropped off over the years)

I have followed guaranteed, no fail cures and, guess what? I could have thrown my bloody laptop thru the window the other day because I am so annoyed with seeing the little message " ......is not responding", that is the us/uk.yhs4.search thing isn't it? Anyway, after a minute or two (read that as days) searching I spotted this little place and thought I would give it a try. I will have a look at what I am supposed to do to get the big chaps attention and hope for the best, of which I am sure I shall receive.

Cheerio for now.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.