Fav. Antivirus
Norton
Fav. Videogame
Tie between Kindom Hearts and Mario Kart

Strider

Thread author
Sep 17, 2014
Hello Everyone
I'm glad to be apart of this community. I came here because I have a multiple dllhost.exe *32 files on my task manager. Its really slowing my computer down and was wondering if any one could help me fix it. I also had multiple Google chrome files on my task manager even though I never downloaded Google chrome. However after a day of messing around with my computer I was lucky enough to get rid of Google chrome but the file dllhost.exe *32 still remains. I was researching how to get rid of it and so far the only thing I've done is disable thumbnail preview which didn't work. I pretty much given up on trying to figure it out myself. Please help my guys I really need your help. :(

Strider

Thread author
Sep 17, 2014
I don't think I got rid of the Google chrome virus because when I started my cpu it came back. But I downloaded Google chrome and used the Google chrome tools> task manager to get rid of it again. I just unchecked everything that was checked and then located the file on my regular task manager and deleted file. I don't think its a permanent fix though. Right now neither dllhost.exe *32 or google chrome is spamming my task manager and my cpu is running fine. I think something launches them when my computer first starts up. Quite afraid to turn off my computer now that its running good.

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Welcome to MT :) Thanks for joining!! Hope you stay active in the forums

Strider

Thread author
Sep 17, 2014
Yea I also figured out that when it spams my task manager I just right click on the program, open file location(need this to delete the file quickly), start logging off my cpu, and when it shows the force shutdown menu because I have programs up the virus just randomly disappears from task manager. So I quickly click cancel, go back to "open file location" and delete file (it will come back on my task manager if I don't delete quickly). So I found a temporary way to get rid of it. I tried "Google clean" like you suggested but I don't think it even notices the virus but I may not be using the program right. Still looking for a permenant solution to getting rid of this virus. I have to do this every time I turn on my computer(I could leave it on but my neighbors/friends goes around the house unplugging everything in attempt to keep the electric bill down). I haven't seen dllhost.exe *32 virus at all today.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Strider. Haven't we met before? (Update: My mistake, I was thinking of "Striker",:rolleyes: lol!)
Regardless, you are welcome to this extraordinary community.:)
A good place to deal with your problem is to start a thread here:
Our malware assistance experts are just as stated, experts. They are also voluntary, so sit tight and someone will give you the individual attention for your problem you'll need, and you'll be well on your way to rectifying it. Good luck, and thanks for joining too!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.