Fav. Mobile OS
Android
Fav. Desktop OS
Windows

cman220

Thread author
Verified
Jun 25, 2013
So I've been a member for several years, and I had been doing pretty good with my two home windows PC. that is until this morning when my Lenovo laptop got hit by ransomware. Fun, fun, fun. So I'm BACK!

cman220

Thread author
Verified
Jun 25, 2013
Everyone thanks. In answer to some of the questions:
TwinHeadedEagle is helping me on my nasty little bug. Dept of Justice ransomware, locks up about everything except command line.
Been relying on MS Security Essentials, and use Malwarebytes and CCleaner.
Maybe I should really, really consider some alternatives and even Firefox.
Guess I've been lucky for a couple of years,although I am generally pretty careful about where I go.
thanks all

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello and welcome :)

Ransomware are such a painful to remove it but that's not impossible as long you followed the steps taken by malware removal expert.

tallorder

Level 6
Verified
Jan 15, 2015
So I've been a member for several years, and I had been doing pretty good with my two home windows PC. that is until this morning when my Lenovo laptop got hit by ransomware. Fun, fun, fun. So I'm BACK!
Sorry to hear that! Exterminator20 has you set up for help, and TwinHeadedEagle is great! I will view rest of comments and welcome.

Reactions: LabZero and frogboy

ronaldh

Jan 5, 2015
Never heard of that ransomware, gonna look it up!

Hope you get the help you need (although you seem to be in good hands!)

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Welcome back ;)
Ww6ANIr.png

Reactions: LabZero and frogboy

cman220

Thread author
Verified
Jun 25, 2013
Hey, thanks everybody. Were still working on this dept of justice bug. There are reports of it going back several years. But this also could be a new code just still wearing the same screen identity. We will see. A step at a time.

Reactions: LabZero
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.