Hello from a new member

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRay

Thread author
Mar 5, 2014
Hi. I figure it is time that I joined a forum on a subject that I know the least. Have had a few computers and lap tops over the years and have been fortunate enough not to get burned. Looking forward to learning more about what's out there and how to protect my family. I'll start by searching snapdo and any potential threats from this search engine that I don't want on this lap top (remove it). Some of my many likes are anything with an engine, fishing and golf.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. Ray

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Hello,and welcome aboard!!:)

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips!

UncleRay

Thread author
Mar 5, 2014
Thank you for the welcome. Getting started tonight with some searches. Snapdo search engine is on the web browser firefox and need to find out if this should be removed or if ok for now. Ray

UncleRay

Thread author
Mar 5, 2014
Follow the instruction in the link below to reset Firefox. It will reset your firefox profile and search engines. You will have to add your addons once again.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems
Thanks for the info your help is appreciated. I got firefox reset and snapdo off of the home page and search bar. Next up is uninstalling snapdo program. Under programs I have Shopping Helper Smart bar by ReSoft which I'm reading as a snapdo disguise. I can select it but it changes the uninstall button to uninstall/change. When clicking on uninstall/change so far nothing happens to the program. So I'll do some more searching.
Thanks, Ray

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Welcome! It's nice to find we have UncleRay with us who's engine brought him here, where he's caught us all on his line (no barbs!):), & to find you've scored an Eagle on your 1st hole of the MT course!:D

UncleRay

Thread author
Mar 5, 2014
Try IObit uninstaller to uninstall completely
http://www.iobit.com/advanceduninstaller.php

and then use adwcleaner to clean PUP's
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
The uninstaller did the job and got rid of the leftovers. PC reboots faster. Need to run the adwcleaner next. Thank you for taking the time to help me and also to the entire membership. I've learned and received a lot of correct information in a very short time on this forum. Thanks again, Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.