Hero26 configuration

FireShootSK

Level 17
Verified
Feb 17, 2015
Hello :)
Your config look good but i give you little tips to make it better
  • SRSLY? You using 4 AVs on one PC? This is very bad choice. Select only one AV(Kaspersky is good AV use it). Are you using Free Avira or Paid version?
  • Install on-demand scanners like a MBAM,Zemana,EKK
  • Enable full UAC to more secure
  • If u want testing samples i recommend use Sandboxie or any Virtual Machine.
  • Install PrivaZer or CCleaner
  • Install LastPass to organize your passwords
  • Install Https everywhere and uBlock to your browsers
Thanks for sharing your config. :)
Sayonara ;)

Reactions: hero26 and LabZero
L

LabZero

I think you have disabled the real time protection of three antivirus otherwise I can not explain how it can work on your PC.:)
In this case using a single antivirus and uninstall others and use Malwarebytes, Emsisoft Emergency Kit and ADwcleaner in on-demand scan.
Ccleanner or PrivaZer are a good choice for privacy and cleaning of unnecessary files.
A backup plan is very important for the security of data and the OS: Windows Backup Tool or Paragon B & R free or Aomei OneKey free allow you to create a system image on a partition or an external HDD to be restored when needed.

Reactions: saket and hero26

hero26

Thread author
Nov 13, 2013
I mean, I used this tools
but now I use only 360 total Security
yes Paid version , for another pc
yes LastPass installed , But on WinPhone;)
thank you for the reply

Reactions: LabZero

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider some on demand scanners
CCleaner or Privazer
uBlock & Https Everywhere in Chrome and FF

Reactions: hero26

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @hero25. Thank you for sharing.:) It seems your thoroughness in listing your AV history while considering a change brought an innocent misunderstanding :oops:(prior to @Klipsh's post).:rolleyes:
A free on demand scanner my family uses on our own Windows 8.1 (+ 7 SP 1) is Malwarebytes Antimalware.
If you'd like to switch to Kaspersky Internet Security 2015, but have not tried it before, you can try a free 30 day trial to help you decide.;)

Reactions: LabZero

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I mean, I used this tools
but now I use only 360 total Security

Well if you are mentioning Bitdefender QuickScan, Kaspersky Security Scan and Bullguard Virus Scan then there's nothing wrong however they don't have ability to remove threats only scanning.

Alternatively on demand scanner is ESET Online Scanner or F-Secure Scanner which includes removal capabilities of threats.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.