Windows
Fav. Antivirus
avast

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! Welcome to MT!
Here are the thoughts of 98% of our members. If you think you just have to clean the register, I recommend the one in CCleaner.
Although these utilities can make the Windows Registry clean, the overall potential benefits are greatly outweighed by the potential harm they could cause. We suggest users do not install or use Windows Registry cleaners on their Windows computers
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Reactions: silversurfer

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi ganesan, it's good to see you o_Oagain!;)

I agree with each of our member-friends whom have already given you, in my opinion, the very best & safest advice with how to approach registry cleaning.:) Whether you'll choose to clean (or not) CCleaner is truly a favorite software among many more than our very own brethren here on MT.:cool: In fact, before I found this thread I'd run both a system cleaning, & a wipe of all free space remnants (found under "Tools") for an external flash drive that I'd formatted (completely erased). I did not clean the registry, but have once or twice before, and only with CCleaner!:p All I shall add is recommending their portable version which can become a part of the practice of keeping one's computer's system lighter by keeping certain apps separate from your system. I do this mainly with browsers, but also with CCleaner!:D

Last edited:

donetao

Level 20
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi ! Windows has all kinds of tools to use to keep your computer running smooth. Learn how to use those and forget the snake oil programs that want your $$$$. Here are some that are a part of Windows and they are free!
chkdsk
sfc /scannow
defrag
memory diagnostics
Start up Repair
disk clean up
restore to a earlier time
W7&W8 create image back up.
Reliability Monitor
Resource Monitor
These are just a few and I know there are others, but right now these come to my mind. Maybe MT members can add to these.
Don't pay good money for those snake oil programs that you don't need and will cause you trouble also.
Well looks like MT is doing a up grade. Don't know if this will get posted????
Good night MT members! I will leave this post live on my PC and see if it will post tomorrow!
Hope I haven't been banned!!!!

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Welcome to MalwareTips! :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Welcome to MT :) Thanks for joining!! Hope you stay active in the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.