Battle Hitman Pro vs MalwareBytes vs Comodo Cleaning Essential vs Emsisoft Emergency Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Is there an option that I can pick to say all of them? They are all good in there own way. So you can't really compare these, I think.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
If I had to choose one I would have to go with HitMan Pro due to its arsenal of proven engines and "forced breach mode". The downside is false positives and no free version, though you can "go to location" and manually delete potential malware. I have also heard from someone here that you can use "early warning detection", which will allow you to use it like the paid version. One other thing I don't like is that it scans for cookies in its default mode. That is retarded, imho. NO ONE wants to visually scan a bunch of cookie line items while looking for the real threats that might be displayed.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
SagarSehwag said:
Can We use all of them at time. don't you think it will harm the pc

Of course you can't use them all at once, but you can use one at a time and when they are needed.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011

You can have as many on-demand scanners on your PC as your heart desires, however; I would not recommend you run them all at the same time, though I have always done that with MBAM and HitMan Pro quite often in the past. The argument is that if two or three scanners find the same threat, instability might occur. I have never had that problem.

It is having multiple realtime security that can be a problem. You want an AV of some kind, a firewall, and possibly a realtime AM tool like MBAM Pro, I.E., a SUITE (3 in 1). That said, having two of any one of those realtime security tools is a nono, unless you want a sluggish PC that potentially crashes and runs like it has malware hogging CPU.

SagarSehwag

Thread author
Sep 25, 2012
ZOU1 said:

You can have as many on-demand scanners on your PC as your heart desires, however; I would not recommend you run them all at the same time, though I have always done that with MBAM and HitMan Pro quite often in the past. The argument is that if two or three scanners find the same threat, instability might occur. I have never had that problem.

It is having multiple realtime security that can be a problem. You want an AV of some kind, a firewall, and possibly a realtime AM tool like MBAM Pro, I.E., a SUITE (3 in 1). That said, having two of any one of those realtime security tools is a nono, unless you want a sluggish PC that potentially crashes and runs like it has malware hogging CPU.

Thanks For Your Lovely Suggestion

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
As McLovin said use one at a time as ondemand scanners and it will be fine,
my current set up is Real-time protection: Malwarebytes Pro
Kingsoft Antivirus running together, and
Hitman Pro and Comodo Cleaning Essential and Emsisoft,
and I spent my time looking for trouble as in malware lol

you have ESET Smart Security so I would not run anything in Real-time With that,

SagarSehwag

Thread author
Sep 25, 2012
InternetChicken said:
As McLovin said use one at a time as ondemand scanners and it will be fine,
my current set up is Real-time protection: Malwarebytes Pro
Kingsoft Antivirus running together, and
Hitman Pro and Comodo Cleaning Essential and Emsisoft,
and I spent my time looking for trouble as in malware lol

you have ESET Smart Security so I would not run anything in Real-time With that,

Thanks For Lovely Suggestion.

rebel4life

Level 9
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
BTW im new here but i did have alot of problems with malwarebytes and superspyware uninstaller them off my computer so if you use these software be warned when trying to uninstall them just my 2 cents worth here guys great site keep it up

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
rebel4life said:
BTW im new here but i did have alot of problems with malwarebytes and superspyware uninstaller them off my computer so if you use these software be warned when trying to uninstall them just my 2 cents worth here guys great site keep it up

What do you mean you had problems uninstalling MBAM and SAS? Just uninstalling them or?

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
Hello reble4life

if you have trouble uninstalling security software most have there own uninstall tool so if you have problems with the uninstall

i was a Beta tester for Malwarebytes in it's begining before it's relese to the public and never had a problem uninstalling it unless a virus messed up your system permissions thay also came out with Mbam clean later to help uninstall and also clean up left over stuff after uninstall to help in reinstalling

http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_clean <-----direct download

there is also a uninstall tool for SuperAntispyware here

SUPERAntiSpyware Uninstallation Assistant
http://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/1345-how-do-i-uninstall/

:)

malware medic

Oct 6, 2012
jim lin said:
Hello reble4life

if you have trouble uninstalling security software most have there own uninstall tool so if you have problems with the uninstall

i was a Beta tester for Malwarebytes in it's begining before it's relese to the public and never had a problem uninstalling it unless a virus messed up your system permissions thay also came out with Mbam clean later to help uninstall and also clean up left over stuff after uninstall to help in reinstalling

http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_clean <-----direct download

there is also a uninstall tool for SuperAntispyware here

SUPERAntiSpyware Uninstallation Assistant
http://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/1345-how-do-i-uninstall/

:)
There is also comodo program manager. It has a force uninstall feature. When it uninstalls something it removes the registry items to so thats a plus

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
malware medic said:
There is also comodo program manager. It has a force uninstall feature. When it uninstalls something it removes the registry items to so thats a plus

It will do that anyway if you uninstall something with CPM. It will monitor an application install, and make sure to delete everything that an application installed if the applications uninstaller leaves anything behind.

If an application was already installed before CPM was installed so the installation wasn't monitored, CPM has a DB monitored feature. If an application is listed as DB monitored, it means the applications installation details are in Comodo's database, and it will still be able to delete any leftovers.

If both of those scenarios do not apply, it will function like the free version of Revo Uninstaller does. It will attempt to scan to find any files/registry keys associated with the application and delete those if they are left behind.

The forced uninstall option is to use if an applications uninstaller doesn't want to work for some reason, or perhaps the application doesn't even have an uninstaller. Then it will just manually delete every piece of the application. The forced uninstall is more of a last-resort type of uninstallation.

malware medic

Oct 6, 2012
malwarebytes antimalware does not scan for every TYPE of virus. It just scans for the common types. Here is a video that compares Comodo Cleaning Essentials, Hitman Pro 3.6, and Malwarebytes Pro. It is also proof that malwarebytes doesn't scan for every type of virus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GVB1ueU8Bk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDqdFkSc40&feature=related
what people don't seem to understand is that malwarebytes doesn't scan for every TYPE of virus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GVB1ueU8Bk

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
malware medic said:
what people don't seem to understand is that malwarebytes doesn't scan for every TYPE of virus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GVB1ueU8Bk

There isn't any scanners that scan for every type of malware.
That's why you have to use a combination of several to get the job done.

Enjoy!!:D

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
hello malware medic

and thanks for the info i understand about uninstall programs i use Revo sometimes but i prefere to uninstall my self and manually cleanup the left overs

i also doin't care that much for Comodo Software and thanks again but Comodo's just not for me and it's a personal choice that i would not like to get into but if Comodo works for you by all means use it i know thay have some very good software but not for me

thanks again

Regards

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.