Mini Spy

Latest Threads

1. Warning Welcome to MalwareTips.com, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn about PC security and computers.
    As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but you can not create new threads or reply to an existing one unless you are a registered member. By joining our free community you will have access to post threads, start private conversations with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features.
    Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join us today!
  2. Emsisoft  Mobile Security GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com: Emsisoft Mobile Security Giveaway

Get a free license key for Emsisoft Mobile Security to protect your Android smartphone. We are giving away Emsisoft Mobile Security license keys for our awesome members!

Get an Emsisoft Mobile Security license key!

3. Zemana AntiLogger Unlimited GiveawayEXCLUSIVE: Zemana AntiLogger Giveaway

Get a free license key for Zemana AntiLogger. We are giving away 300 Zemana AntiLogger license keys for our awesome members!

Get a Zemana AntiLogger license key!

4.  NoVirusThanks EXE GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com : NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro Giveaway

Get a free license key for NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro. We are giving away NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro license keys for our awesome members!

Get a NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro license key!

5. ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com:ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security Giveaway

Get a free license key for ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security. We are giving away ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security license keys for our awesome members!

Get a ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security license key!

6. Windows XP End Of Support

After 12 years, support for Windows XP has ended on April 8, 2014. There will be no more security updates or technical support for the Windows XP operating system. Without critical Windows XP security updates, your PC may become vulnerable to harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software which can steal or damage your business data and information. Many software vendors will no longer support their products running on Windows XP as they are unable to receive Windows XP updates. Most PC hardware manufacturers will stop supporting Windows XP on existing and new hardware.

7. Tip of the Day Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons
    Be wary of pop-up windows that ask you to download software or that offer to fix your computer. Often these pop-ups will claim that your computer has been infected and that their download can fix it – don’t believe them. Close the window and make sure you don’t click inside the pop-up window. Do not open files of unknown types, or if you see unfamiliar browser prompts or warnings asking you to open a file. Sometimes malware may prevent you from leaving a page if you land on it, for example by repeatedly opening a download prompt. If this happens, use your computer’s task manager or activity monitor to close your browser.

Hitman Pro vs MalwareBytes vs Comodo Cleaning Essential vs Emsisoft Emergency Kit

Discussion in 'War Room' started by SagarSehwag, Sep 26, 2012.

?

Which One is Better?

1. MalwareBytes

51.2%
  2. Hitman Pro

25.6%
  3. Comodo Cleaning Essential

11.6%
  4. Emsisoft Emergency Kit

11.6%
  1. SagarSehwag

SagarSehwag

Please Also Tell Which one or Two of Them I should Kepp in My Pc
  2. McLovin

McLovin Active Member

Is there an option that I can pick to say all of them? They are all good in there own way. So you can't really compare these, I think.
  3. SagarSehwag

SagarSehwag

I Dont Want to Compare Them Want to know which i should choose
  4. McLovin

McLovin Active Member

Okay, then I say all of them.
  5. SagarSehwag

SagarSehwag

Can We use all of them at time. don't you think it will harm the pc
  6. Gnosis

Gnosis Well-Known Member

If I had to choose one I would have to go with HitMan Pro due to its arsenal of proven engines and "forced breach mode". The downside is false positives and no free version, though you can "go to location" and manually delete potential malware. I have also heard from someone here that you can use "early warning detection", which will allow you to use it like the paid version. One other thing I don't like is that it scans for cookies in its default mode. That is retarded, imho. NO ONE wants to visually scan a bunch of cookie line items while looking for the real threats that might be displayed.
  7. McLovin

McLovin Active Member

Of course you can't use them all at once, but you can use one at a time and when they are needed.
  8. Gnosis

Gnosis Well-Known Member

You can have as many on-demand scanners on your PC as your heart desires, however; I would not recommend you run them all at the same time, though I have always done that with MBAM and HitMan Pro quite often in the past. The argument is that if two or three scanners find the same threat, instability might occur. I have never had that problem.

It is having multiple realtime security that can be a problem. You want an AV of some kind, a firewall, and possibly a realtime AM tool like MBAM Pro, I.E., a SUITE (3 in 1). That said, having two of any one of those realtime security tools is a nono, unless you want a sluggish PC that potentially crashes and runs like it has malware hogging CPU.
  9. SagarSehwag

SagarSehwag

Thanks For Your Lovely Suggestion
  10. InternetChicken

InternetChicken Regular Member

As McLovin said use one at a time as ondemand scanners and it will be fine,
    my current set up is Real-time protection: Malwarebytes Pro
    Kingsoft Antivirus running together, and
    Hitman Pro and Comodo Cleaning Essential and Emsisoft,
    and I spent my time looking for trouble as in malware lol

you have ESET Smart Security so I would not run anything in Real-time With that,
  11. SagarSehwag

SagarSehwag

Thanks For Lovely Suggestion.
  12. rebel4life

rebel4life Regular Member

BTW im new here but i did have alot of problems with malwarebytes and superspyware uninstaller them off my computer so if you use these software be warned when trying to uninstall them just my 2 cents worth here guys great site keep it up
  13. McLovin

McLovin Active Member

What do you mean you had problems uninstalling MBAM and SAS? Just uninstalling them or?
  14. jim lin

jim lin Active Member

Hello reble4life

if you have trouble uninstalling security software most have there own uninstall tool so if you have problems with the uninstall

i was a Beta tester for Malwarebytes in it's begining before it's relese to the public and never had a problem uninstalling it unless a virus messed up your system permissions thay also came out with Mbam clean later to help uninstall and also clean up left over stuff after uninstall to help in reinstalling

http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_clean <-----direct download

there is also a uninstall tool for SuperAntispyware here

SUPERAntiSpyware Uninstallation Assistant
    http://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/1345-how-do-i-uninstall/

:)
  15. malware medic

malware medic New Member

As long as they don't have real time protection on, they'll work. You shouldn't scan at the same time. They'll interfere with each other .
  16. malware medic

malware medic New Member

There is also comodo program manager. It has a force uninstall feature. When it uninstalls something it removes the registry items to so thats a plus
  17. HeffeD

HeffeD Super Moderator

It will do that anyway if you uninstall something with CPM. It will monitor an application install, and make sure to delete everything that an application installed if the applications uninstaller leaves anything behind.

If an application was already installed before CPM was installed so the installation wasn't monitored, CPM has a DB monitored feature. If an application is listed as DB monitored, it means the applications installation details are in Comodo's database, and it will still be able to delete any leftovers.

If both of those scenarios do not apply, it will function like the free version of Revo Uninstaller does. It will attempt to scan to find any files/registry keys associated with the application and delete those if they are left behind.

The forced uninstall option is to use if an applications uninstaller doesn't want to work for some reason, or perhaps the application doesn't even have an uninstaller. Then it will just manually delete every piece of the application. The forced uninstall is more of a last-resort type of uninstallation.
  18. malware medic

malware medic New Member

malwarebytes antimalware does not scan for every TYPE of virus. It just scans for the common types. Here is a video that compares Comodo Cleaning Essentials, Hitman Pro 3.6, and Malwarebytes Pro. It is also proof that malwarebytes doesn't scan for every type of virus
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GVB1ueU8Bk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDqdFkSc40&feature=related[hr]what people don't seem to understand is that malwarebytes doesn't scan for every TYPE of virus.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GVB1ueU8Bk
  19. Littlebits

Littlebits Super Moderator Staff Member

There isn't any scanners that scan for every type of malware.
    That's why you have to use a combination of several to get the job done.

Enjoy!!:D
  20. jim lin

jim lin Active Member

hello malware medic

and thanks for the info i understand about uninstall programs i use Revo sometimes but i prefere to uninstall my self and manually cleanup the left overs

i also doin't care that much for Comodo Software and thanks again but Comodo's just not for me and it's a personal choice that i would not like to get into but if Comodo works for you by all means use it i know thay have some very good software but not for me

thanks again

Regards

James