• - Easy installation
    - Simple UI
    - Excellent detection rate
    - Low memory usage (15MB)
    - Extremely fast scanning
    - Relies on BD & Kaspersky's engines
    - Detailed logging (found in .txt file)
    - Right-click scan
    - Early Warning Score (EWS) scanning mode (behavior analysis)
CONS
- Removal is activated only if you sign-up for a 30-day trial (or you have to buy it)
- It requires internet connection
- Not impressed by their technical support (they were somewhat late to reply and they weren't much helpful)
- Some types of malware are not supported (i.e. VBScript)
BOTTOM LINE
HitmanPro is a great on-demand scanner, very light, with a great detection rate. I was testing it with MalwareHub's samples for about a month and it detected about 87% of the samples. However, I would recommend to complement it with one more on-demand scanner, like MBAM or EEK.
I

illumination

Another thing you can add to "The Bad" section, is that if you do a lot of testing/reformatting, you will lose your license eventually, as they only allow 2-3 times of activating it, and then your done, where as most other products will let you re-activate them as many times as needed during the period of the license as long as you adhere to the 1 PC policy.

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Another thing you can add to "The Bad" section, is that if you do a lot of testing/reformatting, you will lose your license eventually, as they only allow 2-3 times of activating it, and then your done, where as most other products will let you re-activate them as many times as needed during the period of the license as long as you adhere to the 1 PC policy.
Create backup folder:
Code:
C:\ProgramData\HitmanPro\*
& no problem;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For good section: Advance users have the feature of EWS (Early Warning Score) mode where uses heuristics and related behaviors for detecting threats, therefore there could be eratic detection. (no internet required)

OneDay

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
For good section: Advance users have the feature of EWS (Early Warning Score) mode where uses heuristics and related behaviors for detecting threats, therefore there could be eratic detection. (no internet required)
Thanks for mentioning it!
I will update my review.

Reactions: Ali80 and tonibalas

Welldone

Level 5
Verified
Dec 29, 2012
Extremely fast scanning
Currently it is not possible to scan a sub-folder of a folder, unless you manually select that sub-folder to be scanned via Windows Explorer. Also, for the same reason, you cannot scan an entire partition other than the Windows system disk.:p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.