hopefully_secure's config

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
Good config! I think you should consider installing Sandboxie or Shadow Defender. :D

I wish I could use Sandboxie, it has a conflict with 360 TS that I can't seem to fix. I'll look more into it, maybe I can figure something out. I have heard of Shadow Defender, I haven't looked into it though, thanks for the suggestion!

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
Removed: EMET 5.0

Added: Unchecky, Norton Power Eraser, TDSSKiller, PrivaZer, 360 Web Threat Protection (FF), Dr. Web CureIt!, ESET Online Scanner, Adware Cleaner, Youtube Center (Chrome, FF)

Is it worth having an anti-exploit? EMET breaks a lot of things and it is annoying to fix.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Keeping your OS and software updated should be a priority over using an Anti-Exploit software to protect you. Alternativel, you can always use SBIE to isolate your web browser, that way any exploits for any plug-ins (ie. Flash, Java, Reader) are contained.

http://www.sandboxie.com/

Edit: I am sure you do not need that many on-demand scanners. Malwarebytes Free, HitmanPro or ESET Online Scanner should be sufficient.

Reactions: hopefully_secure

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
Keeping your OS and software updated should be a priority over using an Anti-Exploit software to protect you. Alternativel, you can always use SBIE to isolate your web browser, that way any exploits for any plug-ins (ie. Flash, Java, Reader) are contained.

http://www.sandboxie.com/

Edit: I am sure you do not need that many on-demand scanners. Malwarebytes Free, HitmanPro or ESET Online Scanner should be sufficient.

Okay, thanks! I keep getting this error, "SBIE2203 Failed to communicate with Sandboxie Service: *GUIPROXY_00000007 - chrome.exe [C0000002]", every time I have tried to use Sandboxie but I will look into it.

Removed: TDSSKiller, Dr. Web CureIt!, HitmanPro, Norton Power Eraser, ESET Online Scanner

Added: Sandboxie

Last edited:

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
Removed: 360 Total Security, 360 Web Threat Protection (Chrome), Download Ninja, Sandboxie, herdProtect Scanner, EEK

Added: avast! 2014 Free, HTTP Switchboard (Chrome), GlassWire, IDM, Autoruns

360 TS still has too many issues and false positives, same with 360 IS, so I have just gone back to avast!.

Alucard

Level 2
Verified
Sep 28, 2014
Very nice security config, thank you for sharing.
It's very similar to mine except I have Adguard and Sandboxie installed also.
You could try these as well and I think you will be pleased.

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
Removed: Glasswire

I love that program and the idea of it but I can't justify using it if it is using 200mb+ of memory constantly.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.