Dan E's Security Configuration

Dan E

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 7, 2015
There is my config--I think comodo runs good in antivirus mode along side avast.

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Hello, Dan E.
Well, I'd recommend using only the firewall component of Comodo, since its antivirus might conflict with Avast's. Not only performance wise (where luckily you haven't encountered any problem), but also protection wise.
Secondly, I like the fact that you keep a lot of backups. Great move!
Now, consider adding Adblock to IE (or installing the desktop version of Adguard) to block some annoying ads and speed up your browsing.
Finally, you mentioned that you just finished cleaning up your PC from infections, but since you have a basic computer knowledge, are you sure you can handle Sandboxie? Read some guides (including ones here, on MT) to have a more complete idea of how it works.
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: XhenEd

Dan E

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 7, 2015
Hello, Dan E.
Well, I'd recommend using only the firewall component of Comodo, since its antivirus might conflict with Avast's. Not only performance wise (where luckily you haven't encountered any problem), but also protection wise.
Secondly, I like the fact that you keep a lot of backups. Great move!
Now, consider adding Adblock to IE (or installing the desktop version of Adguard) to block some annoying ads and speed up your browsing.
Finally, you mentioned that you just finished cleaning up your PC from infections, but since you have a basic computer knowledge, are you sure you can handle Sandboxie? Read some guides (including ones here, on MT) to have a more complete idea of how it works.
Thanks for sharing.
I did forget to mention Hitman pro alert also, and with comodo antivirus it doesn't conflict with avast because I have the antivirus side of it / proactive in its standard set mode, not modified to tight so to speak. Its just a test of mine to see how it holds up. Also sandboxie I leave also in its default settings and I generally don't download any programs or stuff into that sandbox, ill use comodos auto sandbox feature for that. I think EMS hijack free is one of the better toolsets out there along with process hacker and k switch. Also I forgot to mention I use power erasor and I quit using malware bytes. My PC still has a backdoor on it somewhere though, I thought I had isolated it through a port that it uses to communicate to the server , but somehow something got through and made me use a partition and I went through files by hand. I believe my infection is in my internal memory board, not my c drive. I have replaced most everything to prove it. Thanks for comments :) oh btw k9 web filter is a driver , so it utilizes more efficiently the blocking mechanisms/ malware blocking more effectively than adblock and other toolbars used. Big fan, because if you run it against malware links it outperforms most antiviruses web filters even , thanks again. :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Looks good! Thanks for sharing it.Personally I would run Avast with just Comodo Firewall however I think Avast with Windows firewall is also a good light option.

Reactions: Deleted member 178
D

Deleted member 178

As said above, remove one AV. They will conflict someday, not saying you slow down your system responsiveness.

Dan E

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 7, 2015
Is running my high end solid state drive , is the reason why I am getting no slow downs you think?

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Is running my high end solid state drive , is the reason why I am getting no slow downs you think?

Yup, SSD makes thing process quicker compare to HDD. Plus, they consume less power,generate less noise, and have less moving part.

Dan E

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 7, 2015
Cool , thanks, now I know it was money well spent ! lol

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
Cool , thanks, now I know it was money well spent ! lol

It is well spend money. Also, you will feels a lot performance increases if you pop a SSD onto a older PC, and SSD have special feature that allows them to slow down when their life span are about to over. This is really helpful because it indicates that this is the time for you to backup your files immediately. Unlike HDD, they are just going to die randomly.

Reactions: Dan E

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.