How can I check if my drivers are compatible with Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SkyJP

Thread author
Any way to do this without installing the tech preview or upgrading, only to find out some drivers don't work?

The crucial ones are:

- Intel HD Graphics 3000 (graphics card)
- Intel Centrino Wireless-N 130 (network card)
- Realtek HD Audio Manager (audio)
- ELAN Smartpad (multi-gesture touchpad)

Only hints I have is this but there's no detailed report:
upload_2015-7-26_15-12-56.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
I

illumination

Thread author
Any way to do this without installing the tech preview or upgrading, only to find out some drivers don't work?

The crucial ones are:

Only hints I have is this but there's no detailed report:
View attachment 66895
The part where it states the "printers and other devices" Is stating your devices "and drivers for" are compatible. But if your still concerned, go to the manufactures website, and look under drivers for the specific system to see if they have added driver upgrades for the coming windows 10.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
i got daily updates of drivers , seems with time, some manufacturers send their drivers to Microsoft that implement them in Windows Updates

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Self-research. Use Google and enter key terms to find results, and find answers from others' queries. Intel components should work fine on Windows 10, but other components, you may need to check the Support Download from your laptop (and/or) hardware manufacturers site.

If you have issues, software can run in Legacy (Compatibility mode).

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

The crucial ones are:

I upgraded straight from Windows 8.1 Update to Windows 10 Home with no issues, so far all is working.

Intel HD Graphics 4600
KillerLAN / Qualcomm Atheros
Realtek HD Audio Manager
ELAN Touchpad - 11.15.0.14_X64

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.