Guide | How To How to automatically clear private data when you close your browser

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Source: http://www.howtogeek.com/137681/how...en-you-close-your-browser/?PageSpeed=noscript

Web browsers normally save your private data – history, cookies, searches, downloads, and more – and only delete it when you ask. If you are constantly clearing it, you can have any browser automatically clear private data when you close it.

Note that, if you set your browser to automatically clear your cookies when you close it, you will have to log into the websites you use each time you open your browser. Clearing cache files will cause websites to load more slowly after you restart your browser.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
In addition to our Windows 7 SP 1 & 8.1 systems, we've recently introduced our retired XP system to both CCleaner & PriVazer, and now feel as Dr. Victor Frankenstein must have felt when he exclaimed:
:eek:"It's alive!!!":D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I was fan of that settings for such effortless operation before but sometimes resource consumption cannot completed immediately which you need to monitor the browser process if its terminated.

But actually the better way is done a habit of private browsing activated which none save any information and everything erase upon simply exit. ;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I was fan of that settings for such effortless operation before but sometimes resource consumption cannot completed immediately which you need to monitor the browser process if its terminated.

But actually the better way is done a habit of private browsing activated which none save any information and everything erase upon simply exit. ;)
Hi @jamescv7. I second your suggestion, and practice browsing using a 'new private window' whenever using Mozilla sourced browsers!:):)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Why not use incognito in browser?
Hello @Anupam. Opera's equivalent to Incognito is called "New Private Browser" although they call it 'potato' while others call it 'po-tah-toe', it is still the same thing.;) I still browse in "Incognito" on the Chrome that is my default browser on linux lubuntu!:D

Reactions: Anupam and frogboy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.