Guide | How To [How to] block all ads on ROOTED android devices

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Did you do the root? Does other root apps ask for root access? Do you have superuser app?

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
yes i have many root apps installed including Xposed.
im using SuperUser 1.0.2.8 maybe thats the issue. i know that there is also another superuser app out there that many use.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
im using SuperUser 1.0.2.8 maybe thats the issue. i know that there is also another superuser app out there that many use.

maybe, i am using SuperSU (the one with the yellow icon and red #)

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
yes i have many root apps installed including Xposed.
I am not sure if SuperUser might be the issue, did you accidentally deny SuperUser access to the app?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
yes of course, and you have a risk of "bricking" your device (small but present)

you must be sure of the exact model of your device, have the proper drivers, no power cut of the computer or device during the rooting, and follow the instructions at the letter

good luck if you wanna do it.

kevbo

Level 1
Verified
Dec 31, 2013
If I root it will it void the warranty?

You can always un-root the device and reset the counter (assuming it's not bricked), if you need to use your warranty.

If you do decide to root, heed Umbra's advice. I would add also, read a few different rooting guides until you feel comfortable with what you're doing. It's not hard or complicated, but there are dangers you should be aware of: bricking, which will turn your device into a very expensive paperweight.

There are some good sites dedicated to rooting devices.

kevbo

Level 1
Verified
Dec 31, 2013
Installed AdFree OTA without a hitch. Seems to be working well, I will update if I encounter any problems/issues.

Thanks to all for the tips.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
this tutorial allow to block ads on a system-wide level , not just in browsers.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
ok so it gained access root after a reboot and now it works. and i mean it actually works! which is great. i have tried ad blockers on android before even the xposed version blockers but none really worked.
this is great, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Oxygen

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.