Guide | How To [How to] block all ads on ROOTED android devices

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
SuperUser and SuperSU don't do things identically... I've had problems with the first one on a rooted Galaxy S2, but perfect flawless results with the second one...

Just because there is a menu category in your custom ROM Settings called "SuperUser", does no mean you "have" to use it... might be worth giving SuperSU a go, if anything for your own knowledge to see if the errors are apk related rather than "did I miss something".

cLcL

Level 1
Verified
Jan 6, 2015
if you have root access, just change the hosts file in /system/etc/hosts.

do note the bigger your hosts file (ie: the more ad you block), the more resource (ram) you'll need.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Where do you see Ads on Android, the only time I have seen them are via the browser and YouTube 'What To Watch' page.

cLcL

Level 1
Verified
Jan 6, 2015
Where do you see Ads on Android, the only time I have seen them are via the browser and YouTube 'What To Watch' page.
some free apps has ads.. in fact the ads version (can) generate more money than the paid one (like Flappy Bird that can net US$50k/day)

and of course when browsing.. :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.