Guide | How To [How to] configure SecureAPlus for maximum protection

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

OneDay

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
In the beggining, I thought I should make a tutorial for more advanced users (meaning more tweaking), but then I found very simple steps you could take to make SAP inpenetrable. Actually, configuring it the way I'm gonna show, it would make SAP behave like an anti-executable with a real-time AV. So, here we go...

1. In Settings>Universal AV>Exclusions make sure that all engines are enabled
Untitled1.png

2. On Settings>Application Whitelisting>Standard Mode check Lockdown Mode
Untitled2.png

3. On Settings>Application Whitelisting>Advanced Mode uncheck Trust based on digital signature
Untitled3.png

That's all, folks! So simple! I could dig a bit deeper into the settings, but no need, really!
With the aforementioned settings, no program will be able to execute, unless it's in your whitelist.

Note: SAP scans your system the first time you install it and creates a whitelist of the already installed programs. Since there is still the possibility of malware escaping detection, make sure your PC is completely clean.

Thanks for reading, mates! Suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:

OneDay

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
If you have poor upload or trafic limitation, set at 10mb...
(Secureplus slowndon ALL my internet using upload, yes, my net it...)

Of course, it depends on your internet connection, yes.
Mostly though this guide has to do with the whitelisting process and not the UAV, which won't matter in the end of the day.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I imagine you're planing to make changes in the guide if the latest beta introduce different settings?

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Since the product doesn't have any phishing protection, but it might be a good idea to cover that using an addon like Bitdefender traffic light.
(Of course this is if the user is planning to only have SecureAPlus as the main antivirus)

Last edited:

hakah

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 19, 2014
OneDay : Really a very nice tutorial guide on its maximum protection with the software.
Many thanks !

Reactions: OneDay

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Do you feel any slow down when you browse the internet after allowing SAP to use unlimited bandwidth?

OneDay

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Do you feel any slow down when you browse the internet after allowing SAP to use unlimited bandwidth?
Νο, not really. I rarely make changes to my system, so most of the time UAV has nothing to upload since I don't download anything new. But for a normal daily usage, 100MB would be enough for me.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.