Guide | How To How to copy text from a picture

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Hello everyone!
I have been using a feature in MS Office OneNote which allowed me to copy text from a picture. I have used it for some time and found it to be somewhat helpful, but it is not always be accurate in doing its job - sometimes it makes spelling mistakes and sometimes there are issues with text formatting, etc... It also doesn't seem to recognize many languages. I am not sure if you know about this OCR-like feature but here is how to use it. :D

1. Insert a picture into OneNote - either create a screen clipping from there, or insert a picture file into it.
KJ9EIKY.png
MhUde25.png

2. Right click on the picture inserted and then click on Copy text from picture. Depending on the amount of the text in the picture and the resolution of the photo, it can take a few seconds more.
zurB01m.png

3. Done! Paste the text wherever you want.

Just an example of how inaccurate it can be at times, the quotation marks were not copied, and there are spelling mistakes. In some cases it didn't recognize the tables. But keep in mind that all what I mentioned doesn't always happen.

TfFjAOT.png

Despite it being a bit inaccurate, it is still useful when copying text from a hard copy and it saves that time taken to type in the text. :)

Hope this helped. :)

Dubseven

Level 14
Verified
Aug 12, 2013
It's look like crypting or spying, i have already made myself some normal programs hidding in them codes a hidden text that can be read only with a program made for ^^

Reactions: nissimezra

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Evernote paid version supports reading text from images.
Thanks for the information.

But my question was in general, how do you like onenote compared to evernote ?
I don't use any of them, but I use Google Keep. I don't need any feature other than storing the notes and having them synchronized between my devices, so it does quite a good job for me.

Reactions: nissimezra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.