Guide | How To How to Dual Boot Windows 10 Preview with Windows 7 or 8

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Kumaran

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2013
1412216655_675403.jpg

Microsoft’s upcoming Windows 10 operating system promises a number of interesting features, including a revamped Start menu with live tiles, the ability to create virtual desktops and the ability to run any app in its own window. If you want to test the operating the preview build, you can install it over your existing Windows 7 or 8 environment or run it in a virtual machine within your current OS. However, if you want to get the best of both worlds: a Windows 10 test environment that has full access to all of your hardware and doesn’t erase your current operating system, you’ll want to dual boot. Here’s how to install Windows 10 Preview on its own partition so you can choose between your current operating system (Windows 7, 8 or 8.1) and Windows 10 every time you start your PC.

Before you begin, you’ll need to make sure that you have at least 20GB of free storage space on your internal drives. You’ll also need a USB drive that’s at least 4GB. More...

Reactions: amz

Alucard

Level 2
Verified
Sep 28, 2014
I think I'm just going to wait instead of downloading this. I'll just watch YouTube videos of others testing it out and seeing what features I can expect when I upgrade my PC to Windows 10 in the future.
I'm sure there will be problems with it but that's the case with most software so I'll be keeping an open mind.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.