Mini Spy

Latest Threads

1. Warning Welcome to MalwareTips.com, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn about PC security and computers.
    As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but you can not create new threads or reply to an existing one unless you are a registered member. By joining our free community you will have access to post threads, start private conversations with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features.
    Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join us today!
  2. Emsisoft  Mobile Security GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com: Emsisoft Mobile Security Giveaway

Get a free license key for Emsisoft Mobile Security to protect your Android smartphone. We are giving away Emsisoft Mobile Security license keys for our awesome members!

Get an Emsisoft Mobile Security license key!

3. Zemana AntiLogger Unlimited GiveawayEXCLUSIVE: Zemana AntiLogger Giveaway

Get a free license key for Zemana AntiLogger. We are giving away 300 Zemana AntiLogger license keys for our awesome members!

Get a Zemana AntiLogger license key!

4.  NoVirusThanks EXE GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com : NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro Giveaway

Get a free license key for NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro. We are giving away NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro license keys for our awesome members!

Get a NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro license key!

5. ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security GiveawayEXCLUSIVE MalwareTips.com:ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security Giveaway

Get a free license key for ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security. We are giving away ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security license keys for our awesome members!

Get a ZoneAlarm 2015 Extreme Security license key!

6. Windows XP End Of Support

After 12 years, support for Windows XP has ended on April 8, 2014. There will be no more security updates or technical support for the Windows XP operating system. Without critical Windows XP security updates, your PC may become vulnerable to harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software which can steal or damage your business data and information. Many software vendors will no longer support their products running on Windows XP as they are unable to receive Windows XP updates. Most PC hardware manufacturers will stop supporting Windows XP on existing and new hardware.

7. Tip of the Day Always keep an eye on what you click and download, including music, movies, files, browser plug-ins or add-ons
    Be wary of pop-up windows that ask you to download software or that offer to fix your computer. Often these pop-ups will claim that your computer has been infected and that their download can fix it – don’t believe them. Close the window and make sure you don’t click inside the pop-up window. Do not open files of unknown types, or if you see unfamiliar browser prompts or warnings asking you to open a file. Sometimes malware may prevent you from leaving a page if you land on it, for example by repeatedly opening a download prompt. If this happens, use your computer’s task manager or activity monitor to close your browser.

How to get Free License Key for Ashampoo Anti-Malware

Discussion in 'Your Review' started by f1asko, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. f1asko

f1asko New Member

Hello guys! In this video I going to show you how to get free license key for Ashampoo Anti-Malware!
    So,enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIHOBnZ6jig&feature=channel_video_title
  2. amazon

amazon New Member

It is easy.
    You can see here:
    http://www.safecn.net/the-methods-to-get-free-6-months-ashampoo-antimalware.html
  3. Jack

Jack Administrator Staff Member

I'm sorry but in my opinion Ashampoo Anti-Malware doesn't came even closer to Emsisoft overall prevention capabilities.
    Apart from the Ikarius engine Emsisoft has as a second line of defense a powerful and mature behavior blocker (Mamutu), Ashampoo will monitor the computer for some system changes,that's sort off a intrusion prevention system but it can't be compared with a HIPS like Defense+.
    [​IMG]
    Anyway good review , and thank you:D
  4. NathanF1

NathanF1 Giveaway and Hot Deals Expert

Thank you for your review, F1asko.

I used it for a while, out of curiosity - I suppose I wanted to see how comparable it is with EAM and whether I can rely on it when my Emsisoft license expires.

To start with, I disabled the On-access scanner almost straight away, because it had measurable impact on performance, strike one of sorts. Compared to other real-time guards, this was in the painful to watch category, and I would generally tend to tolerate a reasonable slowdown for the sake of my security. Sadly, there are no options on the level of real-time protection - on execution, when created or modified, on read access, like in EAM, nor was there an extension filter, so there would be no way to modify the sensitivity of the scanner.

I then had to disable the automatic launch of AAM for the same reason - slow startup. I suppose this was a result of the early 5.0 EAM gene pool - having to carry a hefty load around.

The rootkit scan would go almost as fast as PrevX [and I'm trying really hard to comprehend how PrevX's rootkit scan could be so quick] and was actually way faster than EAM's trace scanner. Scanning was fairly slow, but EAM have never utilised trickery [persistent caches, etc.] to speed their scans. True to EAM form, it was very thorough.

Still though, the protection covers BHO, ADS scanner, Winsock-LSP, HOSTS file checker, ActiveX installations. There are also the ever present Internet traces cleaner and file wiper.

Another slight issue was the lag experienced with the GUI, something I've hardly seen with Ashampoo applications, which have always had almost unnatural lightness and responsiveness to user interactions.

Overall, I wasn't really impressed by AAM. I expected a fresh GUI twist on the dependable and convincing feature set of Emsisoft, but to me this is a somewhat mediocre attempt at re-badging.
  5. McLovin

McLovin Active Member

Good reveiw. I have never used this company but I will try it a VM.
  6. Umbra Polaris

Umbra Polaris Testing And Review Expert Staff Member

and EAM use 2 engines , Ikarus and a self-made one.