Mini Spy

Latest Threads

How to remove JS/Heur Virus??

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Software - Questions and Help!' started by taraG, Oct 7, 2012.

1. taraG

taraG New Member

I got this JS/Heur virus on my android phone, unfortunately I've tried to remove it by scanning it through my pc but it was not removed. the Antivirus(AVG) just blocked it but did not remove or deleted it from my phone. i have also tried to reset my phone but nothing happens. PLS HELP!
  2. Nige_40

Nige_40 Guest

Sorry to hear that your having Problems.

Have you seen this URL hxxp://www.cleanpcguide.com/remove-gentrojan-heur-rp-amgfa46h-removal-guide-how-to-remove-gentrojan-heur-rp-amgfa46h/

Hope this info helps

Regards

Nigel
  3. Malware Maniac

Malware Maniac Regular Member

Nige_40 he is having a problem with his android device. And taraG I am not sure what you should do this is kind of a special problem because I'm better with computers not phones.

Oh and taraG I see you posted somewhere else. http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x8/628829-how-remove-javascript-heur-virus-my-x8.html
  4. InternetChicken

InternetChicken Regular Member

@ Nige_40 the link you posted is to a site with Malicious content
  5. Nige_40

Nige_40 Guest

Sorry about that. Internet Chicken.

It did not show up for me as that.

I must kick my security into touch and put back what my laptop has CIS 5.10.
  6. Nige_40

Nige_40 Guest

Thanks Malware Maniac. I did see info for that AVG JS/Heur virus for Phone/Computer and it said to go to that site I posted.

So I guess I should of done my checks better before I posted anything.

I will hold my hand up

and say sorry
  7. Malware Maniac

Malware Maniac Regular Member

The site came up clean from Virus Total (VirusTotal Results) but it does have a poor rep on WOT (WOT Results).
  8. HeffeD

HeffeD Super Moderator

What content is malicious?

According to URLVoid.com, all of the actual site scans come up clean.

Out of 28 organizations, It's only questionable according to WOT and hpHosts. hpHosts lists the problem as "misleading marketing".

From my Experience, hpHosts only tends to flag something if it has a poor WOT rating. I tend to trust the larger blacklists more than hpHosts for that reason.

If SpamhausBL, DNS-BH, and GoogleSafeBrowsing don't have a problem with it, I'll take their opinion over WOT/hpHosts any day.
  9. Littlebits

Littlebits Super Moderator MalwareTips Staff

Media:
    The removal guide does have links to rogue software like SpeedyPC Pro and SpyHunter. There is also a download link to a fake version of Spyware Doctor, disable your adblocker and reload the page. It is more of an advert site than a helpful guide, no helpful guide would recommend using rogue products and have direct download links to them without offering links to their homepage or details.

So I agree with WOT and hpHosts on this one.

Thanks.:D
  10. Nige_40

Nige_40 Guest

I think I will sit in the corner on this topic now :)
  11. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Regular Member

site blocked by eset as well.
  12. taraG

taraG New Member

Thanks for your concern. I might as well need that site to clean my pc. Once I open it, it shows "Windows Script Host cannot be found, C://WINNDOWS/Cellphone.vbs" something like that. And I'm just worried because that Cellphone.vbs thing is a description of that JS/Heur Virus on my phone. Is it possible that my computer got infected by it? I have scanned several full computer scans and no threats was found. Any advice??

Thanks in advance.
  13. Nige_40

Nige_40 Guest

I would not use the site.To Clean your PC. Since other forum users say that the site contains malware etc..

I would suggest you have a look another part of this forum. Or google the virus you got on your Phone and steps to fix it.

But make sure the sites are good. Check with Virus total or URLVoid .
  14. Nige_40

Nige_40 Guest

I had a look and all I found was this. > http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/webthreats/info/vbs-heur/ and its a clean site
  15. Jack

Jack Administrator MalwareTips Staff

Media:
    Are you sure that AVG didn't just block some malicious content on a web page?
    Basically it wasn't any malicious file on your phone,however AVG blocked a malicious script on web page. When exactly did you see the AVG Pop-up?
    What apps. have you installed on your smart phone?
    [hr]
    As far as your Windows computer goes,I would suggest that you perform a scan with the following tools: Malwarebytes,HitmanPro and ESET Online Scanner.Keep us up-to-date on what did tools will report.
  16. taraG

taraG New Member

Hi! I have tried ESET Online Scanner to scan my computer and it found win32/Adware.Mongoose Application and said that it was cleaned, and i thought it was, but was not. I tried to change my antivirus from AVG to ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5, and when I've tried a whole computer scan, the virus was still there. It was not really cleaned by the online scanner. Now I'm having hard thoughts if whether these antiviruses really cleaned my computer or it just can't remove it. What else do you think can I do??

I really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.
  17. taraG

taraG New Member

Hi! I have tried ESET Online Scanner to scan my computer and it found win32/Adware.Mongoose Application and said that it was cleaned, and i thought it was, but was not. I tried to change my antivirus from AVG to ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5, and when I've tried a whole computer scan, the virus was still there. It was not really cleaned by the online scanner. Now I'm having hard thoughts if whether these antiviruses really cleaned my computer or it just can't remove it. What else do you think can I do??

18. taraG

taraG New Member