Guide | How To How To Revert Back To A Previous Version Of Windows From Windows 10

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for sharing, however, would the option be non-functional (or fail) if the Old Windows folder were to be removed?

Remember Windows.Old from the Disk Cleanup tool, when run as Admin.

Reactions: McLovin

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I haven't upgraded yet, only this message from WU:

upload_2015-7-29_23-19-22.png

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
"Rollback is dependent on the availability of the Windows.old folder, if you delete that, then you may not be offered the option to rollback."
I would think once the Windows.Old files were deleted the only way to revert back is with an image of some sort. Bty - this method is only good for 30 days after installing Windows 10.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ink

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Yes its confirmed that one month effectiveness to conduct a rollback if you suffer some issues, and that's why you need your third party program like GoBack Free from EASEUS to revert without any cases.

D

Deleted member 2913

I had the Windows old folder but rollbacking mentioned cannot rollback as files needed were deleted. Though I had performed upgrade keeping everything. I was thinking of rollback coz of Win 10 slow boot & slow system response for stuffs.

As rollback wasn't possible I decided to fresh install. And fresh install solved everything slowboot, slowdown, etc... Guess upgrading is a mess, fresh install is always good.

Now I am liking Win 10. My previous OS was Win 7 so Win 10 is completely new for me. its going to take time to know the stuffs. But I have already disabled quite many things under settings & other places, etc... There are quite many unneeded stuffs enabled by default.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.