Guide | How To How to set CIS + EAM for max compatibility & security

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Comodo Forum is always an happy reading :p btw it is still useful for a beginner who need to know how to configure CIS properly.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
This flaw is not fixed yet because it is not a priority for comodo, the GPcode weakness is a well known flaw that is blocked by the AV & Cloud feature of CIS since long time, if like me you are paranoid , you can add : *_CRYPT to the blocked files (defense+ -> computer security policy -> blocked files)

Also on the comodo forum you have many other tips to counter it

Thanks Umbra
Oh cool, thanks NSG001 for the link

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Would these settings need to be applied if the user is using Comodo Firewall with Defense+ and EAM, no Comodo AV?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
If my memory is good, with D+ you still have the cloud, so it is not absolutely needed to add this line, but i prefer to do it

ChromiumHF

Dec 19, 2011
Hay umbra, i removed CIS 2012 and i installed CFW to go alongside EAM - antimalware. Is this combo a good setup? or do you recommend EAM - antimalware with CIS?

BTW i followed this guide of yours as well for best compatibility :)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
It is not a tragedy if you just use CFW with EAM (since EAM's detection is better), remember that D+ uses the cloud it will detect but without CAV it will not remove the malware (EAM will surely detect it before tough).

CIS full + EAM full is awesome if you are paranoid like me :p

Anyway just EAM full + CFW is already a very solid combo, remember to set EAM's File Guard as "additionally scan file when they are read" so it will block malware on the memory.

ammarmasooma

Aug 19, 2012
ok umbra..iv got EMSISOFT internet security installed so jus wanted a full optimization guide regarding it..means how to setup the file guard and stuff..i want no slow down and no memory spikes..leme knw asap..

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
ammarmasooma said:
ok umbra..iv got EMSISOFT internet security installed so jus wanted a full optimization guide regarding it..means how to setup the file guard and stuff..i want no slow down and no memory spikes..leme knw asap..

This is the concern of the developers, we can't change that :D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Guide here: http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-to-set-up-Emsisoft-Internet-Security-Pack-For-Max-protection-Paranoid-Style

the choices of processors is only for low-end machin es with performances issues.

havok

Verified
Mar 12, 2013
Well right now I'm running EAM + OAP but I would like to give a try CIS 6 (free) + EAM.
I know BB has been added in CIS 6; do I need to apply a specific setting for that ?
And : what about resource usage ? Is it fine (similar to ESS 6 + EAM ) ?
Which is your suggestion : EAM + CFW or EAM + CIS ?
I know you're paranoid (me too...) so you'll probably say EAM + CIS :lol:

EAM has got probably the best detection rate in the market so I guess this combo should be killer..
Thanks

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I know BB has been added in CIS 6; do I need to apply a specific setting for that ?

No specific settings except the exclusions

yes similar

I know you're paranoid (me too...) so you'll probably say EAM + CIS Lol

you are 100% right ;)

EAM has got probably the best detection rate in the market so I guess this combo should be killer..

yes it is ^^ i will do it too if i didn't have a high aversion for CIS v6 UI ^^

havok

Verified
Mar 12, 2013
Umbra Corp. said:

No specific settings except the exclusions

yes similar

I know you're paranoid (me too...) so you'll probably say EAM + CIS Lol

you are 100% right ;)

yes it is ^^ i will do it too if i didn't have a high aversion for CIS v6 UI ^^

Ya that is one more reason I had been using KIS (with customized skin) in the last 3 years. I designed many customized skins - especially for KIS 2011 - all posted in Kaspersky forum .

However it looks it could be good you make a new "how to.." for CIS 6. Some things are different from v 5...

BTW It looks CIS is very light (see screen)
[attachment=3985]

Is it correct or there is something wrong?

Attachments

• Ca.PNG
    Ca.PNG
    50.5 KB · Views: 495
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
havok said:
However it looks it could be good you make a new "how to.." for CIS 6. Some things are different from v 5...

on the screenshot, it seems correct, my guide was updated by a member just read the posts. i will add it to the OP.

havok

Verified
Mar 12, 2013
Umbra Corp. said:
havok said:

on the screenshot, it seems correct, my guide was updated by a member just read the posts. i will add it to the OP.

Oh I didn't find the update...However, which are right settings for CAV ? I guess these should be ok
[attachment=4004]

What about reccomended heuristics ? I selected Medium level - default is Low - - Is that right ?
BTW I selected automatically download updates and notify (check every hour) but till now never got notifications - I always update manually - Is that normally ?

Attachments

• Caa.PNG
    Caa.PNG
    105 KB · Views: 568

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.