Guide | How To How To Use Windows Reliability Monitor?

The associated guide may contain user-generated or external content.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Capture48.JPG
Capture48.JPG
I searched for this, but wasn't able to find any thing here on MT. I discovered this Windows tool and I love it.
Not many members know about it or how use it. I use it daily to monitor the health of my PC.
It's really simple to use and can be a big help trouble shooting blue screens and other problems.
Here's Micro$$oft's link about this tool. Check it out and add your comments.
For some reason Micro$$oft has hidden this tool, but you can find it!
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749583(v=ws.10).aspx
You can see in my screen shot that MBAM stopped responding. I had to manually turn it back on. Not sure what happened there, but turned it on and all is well again. MBAM did quarantine a back door virus.
Here's MBAM's quarantine of the back door it picked up!

Last edited:
Reactions: frogboy and jim lin

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! This is all I could find out about the quarantine.
http://processchecker.com/file/instsf449.exe.html
Also found this!
The program is a setup application that uses the Nullsoft Scriptable Install System installer. The file has been seen being downloaded from download.bleepingcomputer.com and multiple other hosts,
Couldn't load into Virustotal!

Last edited:

NullPointerException

Level 12
Verified
Aug 25, 2014
But what it is ? Where can I get it ?
Friend, you didn't read the article, did you?
  1. Open Action Center by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
    , clicking Control Panel, and then, under System and Security, clicking Review your computer's status.

2. Click Maintenance. Then, under Check for solutions to problem reports, click View reliability history
To start Reliability Monitor, click Start, click in the Start Search box, type perfmon, and press ENTER. Expand Reliability and Performance, expand Monitoring Tools, and click Reliability Monitor.

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Friend, you didn't read the article, did you?
  1. Open Action Center by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
    , clicking Control Panel, and then, under System and Security, clicking Review your computer's status.

2. Click Maintenance. Then, under Check for solutions to problem reports, click View reliability history
To start Reliability Monitor, click Start, click in the Start Search box, type perfmon, and press ENTER. Expand Reliability and Performance, expand Monitoring Tools, and click Reliability Monitor.
How can i get the file in the screenshot ?

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
How can i get the file in the screenshot ?
Hi ! The only thing MBAM identifies is insts449exe.As shown in the screen shot.
I have given you all the information I know how to give. Forget Reliability Monitor. It's a MBAM quarantine that Reliability Monitor alerted me to when MBAM stopped responding.
Are younot reading my replies about this insts449exe

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi ! My goal was to get members acquainted with Reliability Monitor and how to use the tool. Maybe have members comment on the tool and post screen shots. I guess it got confusing when I added my MBAM screen shot!

Reactions: frogboy

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hi! I know I'm not much help. I checked the URL in my above link and this is what Virustotal says about the link!
https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/b...a11150b311536cfb195c4e3b7129f95f26a/analysis/
So..
was [Webutation - Suspicious site] in fact the false positive/cause for Malwarebytes stalling, and does this mean the Starship Enterprise can cancel red alert?;):D

Update: eek!!:eek: Speedfan again?!! (sorry, everyone :oops:)
Back on topic: Yes, I'll look into the "Reliabillity Monitor". Thank you, donetao, for sharing it!:)

Last edited:

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
So..
was [Webutation - Suspicious site] in fact the false positive/cause for Malwarebytes stalling, and does this mean the Starship Enterprise can cancel red alert?;):D

Update: eek!!:eek: Speedfan again?!! (sorry, everyone :oops:)
Back on topic: Yes, I'll look into the "Reliabillity Monitor". Thank you, donetao, for sharing it!:)
Hi Cats I don't think Speedfan has any thing to do with all this. I have used it for years to monitor temps.
I just want to get to "How To Use Reliability Monitor to help trouble shoot things like BSOD and other Windows problems"
It's a great tool that goes unused and unnoticed by help forums like MT ( Who's #1) and others.
I hope to get members here on MT using this great Windows tool;)

Reactions: jim lin

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012
and yes thank you for the info on Windows Reliabillity Monitor i use it also
that and the event viewer can come in handy

:)

James

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.